Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Tatanka

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Ernie "Kiwi" Kingston. Bet no-one remembers him or Jackie Pallo.

I saw Jackie Pallo v Les Kellett in Banbury c 1969. Pallo also had to take on an old lady in the front row who flailed at him wiv her brolly and screamed abuse at him. Funniest thing I've seen. Kellett won I think.

Who remembers the old ITV prog Kent Walton wasn't it? Total theatre.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I still go with Johnny Saint being the most technically gifted wrestler ever. And yes, I know it is staged.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Jack Pye
Jackie Pallo
Tibor Tzakacs

and incidentally I remember the former Heavyweight Boxing Champion Primo Carnera wrestling at the old Sports Stadium.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I remember the era maybe 94 - 97 well. What about Earthquake and Typhoon? I voted for Macho Man but it was a tough call between him British Bulldog & Mr Perfect.

I also bought and read Brett Harts book a couple of years ago which is a fascinating read coupled with real tragedy when he talks about his brother Owen Hart who died in the ring and the relationship between his sister and brother in law Davy Boy Smith and his eventual death. Well worth reading.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
I saw Jackie Pallo v Les Kellett in Banbury c 1969. Pallo also had to take on an old lady in the front row who flailed at him wiv her brolly and screamed abuse at him. Funniest thing I've seen. Kellett won I think.

Who remembers the old ITV prog Kent Walton wasn't it? Total theatre.

Glad someone mentioned Les Kellett pure comedy. There was also a skinny young teenager on the ITV Kent Walton days of wrestling called Young David. He became one of the few to make it onto the American circuit very much bulked up as British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Glad someone mentioned Les Kellett pure comedy. There was also a skinny young teenager on the ITV Kent Walton days of wrestling called Young David. He became one of the few to make it onto the American circuit very much bulked up as British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith.

Who I already mentioned on another thread, started out in 1978 as plain Dave Smith and he wrestled at the Dome many times as did other WWF/E legends such as Brett Hart, Kamala, Dynamite Kid etc when they were youngsters

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ernie "Kiwi" Kingston. Bet no-one remembers him or Jackie Pallo.

raybri.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

That was NO lady, that was OUR very own Enrest

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Someone has voted for the 1-2-3 Kid. Can't say I saw that one coming

To be fair the 1-2-3 Kid caused arguably the biggest ever upset in the history of WWE/WWF when he defeated Razor Ramon in about 1993 in a Monday Night Raw match. Ramon was as low as 1/250 to win. The result sent tidal waves through professional wrsetling and arguably changed the sport forever.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The OP talks of the golden era yet he lists wrestlers from the 90's. I'm confused.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't know where Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks are, but I remember the excitement of waiting for them before the final scores during Albion's golden days. Oh well, hello middle age...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here