Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
What do we think...

what I wouldn't want, is that rear 'cassette' landing on me. :eek:

Oh ouch. Just to have that land on me when it is stationary would be bad enough, I hate to think what it would be like if it was still spinning.
I wonder if the wear on the rear cassette would be more than for our normal set up. I think, for me, it goes into the pile of things I enjoy thinking about, but won't buy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha, during the World Cup Martin Keown tells book readers they need to 'get a life'.

2 weeks later and Ned is quoting 'Jean Paul Sartre seminal work' in French before translating it into English. :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ha, during the World Cup Martin Keown tells book readers they need to 'get a life'.

2 weeks later and Ned is quoting 'Jean Paul Sartre seminal work' in French before translating it into English. :lol:

To be fair to Mr Keown, as well you probably know, he said [anyone reading a book during England v Sweden] needs to get a life. I don't think he was having a pop at book reading in general. :hilton:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair to Mr Keown, as well you probably know, he said [anyone reading a book during England v Sweden] needs to get a life. I don't think he was having a pop at book reading in general. :hilton:

Yes but we all know what he actually meant, and would have said it too if working on ITV :lol:

Anyhoo, way back when I seriously chuntered on about a new and obviously pointless cycle path being built between Bognor and Littlehampton.
Obviously nobody was going to ride it, both ends just finished and the actual road was straight and wide.

Well now it's finished I can take great delight in saying WRONG.

Obviously it's no Amsterdam but there are certainly more people riding on it than ever did before.
The other day 3 'normal' cyclists hopefully took great delight in overtaking a long tailback of congested traffic.

I should have believed the adage 'build it and they will come'.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I don't like Vinny Nibs, but whoever knocked him off wants shoving over a barrier.

I really liked those successive corners before the last straight today. Very much like motor cycle racing with the lean changes. Looked really 'serious'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is a sense that Thomas rightly has gone all out for the stage wins, but Froome is so experienced, that he knows better than to go too deeply in the middle of the race. Was he holding back a bit knowing there was no point going all out with so far still to go.
I wouldn't think so, there's time to rest on the flatter stages we have now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't like Vinny Nibs, but whoever knocked him off wants shoving over a barrier.
They should sue the person for breaking his back. They could cost the spectator quite a lot of money, which could be a lesson to others who get too close.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They should sue the person for breaking his back. They could cost the spectator quite a lot of money, which could be a lesson to others who get too close.

A few spectators from yesterday have been arrested for interfering with the race.

I'm yet to listen but for the latest kilometre 0 podcast in which Lionel Birnie went to Dutch Corner expecting to do a vignette on passionate fans, only to actually do 20 minutes on the security situation.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Yes but we all know what he actually meant, and would have said it too if working on ITV :lol:

Anyhoo, way back when I seriously chuntered on about a new and obviously pointless cycle path being built between Bognor and Littlehampton.
Obviously nobody was going to ride it, both ends just finished and the actual road was straight and wide.

Well now it's finished I can take great delight in saying WRONG.

Obviously it's no Amsterdam but there are certainly more people riding on it than ever did before.
The other day 3 'normal' cyclists hopefully took great delight in overtaking a long tailback of congested traffic.

I should have believed the adage 'build it and they will come'.

Used it a couple of weeks ago on a mid Week Social ride. Absolute bliss.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A few spectators from yesterday have been arrested for interfering with the race.
But what will that actually amount to? Suing the one who took down Nibali could cost the **** a lot of money.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just about to put my feet into the shoes ordered Thursday evening.
They look narrow. :down:

More to follow

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't panic they aren't narrow, left foot feels very comfortable.

More to follow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right foot equally as comfortable.

Test ride to follow this afternoon.

First impressions would suggest they are more of a £217 pair of shoes (not that I know what they are like) than a £59.99 pair.
They most definitely are not a £59.99 pair of shoes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And finally.

A short 2 mile spin around the village and the shoes were great.
Worryingly I put on a pair of cleats without paying to much attention thinking I'll make the necessary changes afterwards and even they were spot on.

I'll have a full ride on Monday but as it stands I'll tentatively give these a big :thumbsup: if your looking for a shoe upgrade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here