Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Shame Martin can’t keep his nose out of Albion’s business and a shame he didn’t play for us, his home club, rather than Norwich.
I see that his acadamy is being based on a new g3 pitch in Hove Park - another local facility lost to local kids’ football practice. Although it says it will also be available to the community, I await to find out the fees that they will charge for it.
Thought the same about Martin when I saw the article on the back of Argus this morning. Wish Naylor would ignore him and Martin keep his nose out of our affairs.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Daily Mirror this morning:
01:52
Rangers to sign Goldson
Steven Gerrard is on the verge of completing a £3m deal to bring Brighton defender Connor Goldson to Rangers.
Brighton have rejected two bids from Rangers for Goldson, 25, but are now ready to do sell the ex-Shrewsbury ace if their bumper valuation is met.
New Gers chief Gerrard is ready to pay Goldson £20,000-a-week after making the centre back his top transfer target.
Boyhood Liverpool fan Goldson, who has played three Premier League games, is excited at the chance of linking up with boyhood hero Gerrard.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rangers need to shag off if they are just going to mess about with *one pound increments* every day. We don't need to sell, so they can call us if they can meet the price.

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
So let me get this straight, Rangers can only afford to pay for Murphy (1-1.5m) in small increments over a certain period, yet they want to splash 3m on Goldson. Please, if we are going to sell to them, should we not be insisting that all monies owing should be paid in full. They can't afford to pay in full for Jamie, how long are we likely to have to wait before we get paid in full. Shouldn't we be making this very clear to them.

Oh and don't bother coming back for any more of our players until you have paid for the ones you have already signed. Surely our aim wasn't to become Rangers feeder club?.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rangers to sign Goldson
Steven Gerrard is on the verge of completing a £3m deal to bring Brighton defender Connor Goldson to Rangers.
Brighton have rejected two bids from Rangers for Goldson, 25, but are now ready to do sell...
Who says they're ready to sell? Has Barber said so?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So let me get this straight, Rangers can only afford to pay for Murphy (1-1.5m) in small increments over a certain period, yet they want to splash 3m on Goldson. Please, if we are going to sell to them, should we not be insisting that all monies owing should be paid in full. They can't afford to pay in full for Jamie, how long are we likely to have to wait before we get paid in full. Shouldn't we be making this very clear to them.

Oh and don't bother coming back for any more of our players until you have paid for the ones you have already signed. Surely our aim wasn't to become Rangers feeder club?.

As mentioned earlier, the buying club quite often staggers the transfer fee over the course of the contract rather than paying the whole lot up-front. Its nothing new or unusual - we've probably done the same ourselves with some of our recent larger purchases.

All will be revealed when the 17/18 accounts are published, but I'd be surprised if the £14m outlay for Izquerido is there in one lump sum.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
3m will get him I suspect.

Isnt great in todays prices with other English clubs.

Unfortunately for us we won't get a massive price with it involving Rangers and CG wanting to go.

Can't blame him , I think its a great move for him. Cant blame the lad

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rangers need to shag off if they are just going to mess about with *one pound increments* every day. We don't need to sell, so they can call us if they can meet the price.

Exactly. All this "Queens XI" bollocks - they're an embarrassing bunch of untrustworthy shyster immoral twats. The porridge scoffing equivalent of Crystal Palace. Or even worse, blinged up pikeys.

Jimmy Grimble

If we are selling so cheaply we really should have a 'buy back' clause as there is still a fair chance he will become a very good player.

Unlikely as it may seem playing in that league, but Van Dijk had a good couple of years at Celtic and look how much he got sold for in January...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sorry but why are we suddenly talking about selling cheap?

If we were a Championship side eyeing up a Premier league reserve we'd never be expecting to get them for £3-5m. We'd be rolling out eyes at even having a chance to get them.

There is no way I want us selling Goldson. It weakens our squad for the sake of an amount of money that will enable us to buy very little.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Sorry but why are we suddenly talking about selling cheap?

If we were a Championship side eyeing up a Premier league reserve we'd never be expecting to get them for £3-5m. We'd be rolling out eyes at even having a chance to get them.

There is no way I want us selling Goldson. It weakens our squad for the sake of an amount of money that will enable us to buy very little.
if they get goldson at that price they have one hell of a bargain

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
3m will get him I suspect.

Isnt great in todays prices with other English clubs.

Unfortunately for us we won't get a massive price with it involving Rangers and CG wanting to go.

Can't blame him , I think its a great move for him. Cant blame the lad

I don't blame him for wanting a move, but to Rangers? There is very little competitive football north of the border. He is easily good enough to play for almost any club in the Championship. Wait a while and l feel sure another offer will come in, now that clubs realise he wants away.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m not surprised that Rangers want him or that Goldson would be tempted. Gerrard being manager is going to massively appeal to a generation of players and I can’t stand the club but they are ‘big’ and undoubtably have a large fan base.

The value is an absolute mystery though. Why is there any talk of him being worth less than £5/£6 million in this market?! If they get him for £2 - £3 million then they’ve got an absolute steal.

I don’t know but is there a chance the heart issue he had has a bearing on the value? I can’t see any other reason for the low value being discussed, he’s quality.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Rangers to sign Goldson
Brighton have rejected two bids from Rangers for Goldson, 25, but are now ready to do sell the ex-Shrewsbury ace if their bumper valuation is met.
New Gers chief Gerrard is ready to pay Goldson £20,000-a-week after making the centre back his top transfer target.
Boyhood Liverpool fan Goldson, who has played three Premier League games, is excited at the chance of linking up with boyhood hero Gerrard.

That valuation is what i said a week ago.

[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] and others were coming out with silly 5- 8 million price tag. People need to get real.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here