Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Barnes 18-19 Season

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He's being interviewed now. Just about to say "great to be into the next round".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lovely hearing the Burnley fans singing OUR Ashley Barnes chant.

Remarkable that their winning PL seond half forward line, was 2/3 of our exceptional 2010/11 champions strike force. The other 1/3 Muzza. Who would have thought 7 years ago that all 3 would one day be proven PL class strikers?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Barnes was a good player. Has obvious limitations. Before January’s window I would of welcomed him back as competition for Murray but in the end I personally think we have signed 2 better players instead. Best of luck to him but he is the past.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Only limitation I can see is that Burnley have him far too often on the bench.

Let’s not be to blinkered
He has limitations but is great at leading the line as he puts himself about and he’s one of those strikers as a CB you willl walk off knowing you have been in a game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let’s not be to blinkered
He has limitations but is great at leading the line as he puts himself about and he’s one of those strikers as a CB you willl walk off knowing you have been in a game.

Agree with that. At the Amex he caused Dunk and Duffy (and Ryan!) more grief in his brief spell on the pitch than the rest of the Burnley players put together :lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I still feel if Baldrick could get injury free he could do a similar sort of job, and I do rate Barnes.

Baldrick is a little shorter though, and we know height is an issue with PL players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here