Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's clear that the arse will fall out of it sooner or later. The gamble is just when (how and why being interesting but less important if you own any).

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
It's clear that the arse will fall out of it sooner or later. The gamble is just when (how and why being interesting but less important if you own any).

Well its use is growing and there is an ETF on the New York Stock Exchange being reconsidered: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-bitcoin-etf-idUSKBN17R27J . That was denied a few weeks back but didn't really affect the price too much when it was denied. Japan has in the last month or so enacted a law to make it into money there with all the normal regulations : http://www.coindesk.com/japan-bitcoin-law-effect-tomorrow/

Last edited:

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Might want to make sure you don't suddenly find all your money vanishing into the ether

http://www.coindesk.com/digital-currency-exchange-celery-freezes-deposits-withdrawals/

It's best just to use a wallet like Electrum to keep your coins secure. The exchanges are handy sometimes for quickly buying or selling different currencies and I don't think coinbase.com is going to have any problems. Instead of keeping a balance in the exchange you can just transfer it to an offline wallet I suppose.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Eh, apart from some bitcoins I got from a Chinese company I don't own anything related to it. It's at its highest point ever now, though, and 10% up today. Showing as $1824 on coinmarketcap.com

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Eh, apart from some bitcoins I got from a Chinese company I don't own anything related to it. It's at its highest point ever now, though, and 10% up today. Showing as $1824 on coinmarketcap.com

Have you gone in for anymore!? Mental.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
This thread is clearly advertising [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], 80 posts and about half on this thread.

How dare you, pump and dump schemes aren't advertising!!!

Only kidding Sirius, good on you! I hope you de-risk before the next crash (which to be fair could be a crash from $10,000 to $5,000). I always end up waiting too long in investments, every bloody time!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Might be prudent to cash in some of your stake sometime soon for a guaranteed serious profit, and just leave whatever-you-can-afford-to-lose to ride, because when the market turns it will PLUMMET almost instantly and you'll be lucky to get out in a cost-effective fashion because every single bitcoin owner will be scrambling to do likewise. Obviously hugely difficult to call the top of the market, but some of the comments on some of the messageboards strongly suggest that The Greater Fool is warming up on the touchline.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Bitcoin has hit $2000 now I think on www.coinmarketcap.com which is the highest ever so not sure what is next as it's doubled this year already.

Ethereum stayed on around $90 for much longer than I thought but jumped to around $130 today (up 33% in 24 hours).

Last edited:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Bitcoin has hit $2000 now I think on www.coinmarketcap.com which is the highest ever so not sure what is next as it's doubled this year already.

Ethereum stayed on around $90 for much longer than I thought but jumped to around $130 today (up 33% in 24 hours).

Thanks for keeping us all right up-to-date with this.

I'm glad it is working well for you (other less experienced investors should note that investments may go up as well as crash).

It's not an investment for me, which is why I'm off to Hartlepool to buy a pair of exploding trousers.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I tried to buy some and the site wanted me to send photos of my passport or driving license. Don't fancy that much, is there a way to buy without having to set up an account and all that pullaver ?

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
I tried to buy some and the site wanted me to send photos of my passport or driving license. Don't fancy that much, is there a way to buy without having to set up an account and all that pullaver ?

On coinbase I just went through that.... it's best to select the mobile phone camera as they send a link as a text message to your phone and you can send a pic of the passport that you've taken with your phone already. The webcam verification never seemed to work. With localbitcoins.com you could just set up an Electrum wallet (I have the portable windows version but it is also an android app) and get some locally for cash or bank transfer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here