Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Maybe they will start paying decent wages now then to recruit

I don't think it quite works this way. For one thing it is pretty likely that Brexit will cause an economic downturn. This will increase unemployment and all things being equal this depresses wages. Secondly, the £ will probably fall - this will ratchet up (import) input costs and put pressure on wages. To vote for Brexit on the basis of a consequent general rise in wages would not have been a good reason to do so. Of course many of us think that there were lots of other reasons not to do so too.

Finally there wasn't a lot of evidence beyond the anecdotal that high levels of immigration depressed wages, although in some areas of the country there might have been local labour market.consequences.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yesterday, Parliament voted to reveal the sources of donations to Political Parties in Northern Ireland, the original proposal was to backdate this to 2014, as recommended by the Electoral Commission, but this was amended by tories, to go back only to 2017.
The reason is to cover the arses of the DUP, who received a donation of £425,000, which was spent on Leave campaigning, almost entirely outside of Northern Ireland.

Just another grubby little deal in Parliament to cover up an earlier grubby little deal in the referendum campaign.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yesterday, Parliament voted to reveal the sources of donations to Political Parties in Northern Ireland, the original proposal was to backdate this to 2014, as recommended by the Electoral Commission, but this was amended by tories, to go back only to 2017.
The reason is to cover the arses of the DUP, who received a donation of £425,000, which was spent on Leave campaigning, almost entirely outside of Northern Ireland.

Just another grubby little deal in Parliament to cover up an earlier grubby little deal in the referendum campaign.

They founded a huge ad in the Metro a London paper during the referendum campaign. Wonder why they being so secretive where the money came from?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They founded a huge ad in the Metro a London paper during the referendum campaign. Wonder why they being so secretive where the money came from?

It's Dodgy, Underhand and Protected now.

212313324-83bc4c1f-55a1-44d4-b6aa-d72fe43820a6.jpg

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Fantastic fake news on the BBC at the moment about immigration.

All these people who run business and haulage lying to all of us about all the foreigners going home had the haulage bloke saying they have 50k short of drivers..and weatherspoons not having enough staff to fill the vacancies....nad now a farmer/ factories with chickens who can't get Labour. Showing people now going to Germany and back home ....

Fantastic, we have our country back.....Rees mogg...saying there is 2 million people sat on their arses and we should train them to pour coffee and pick fruit....woooohooo!

You do realise that there remains net migration into the UK, there still is more EU citizens coming to the UK than leaving and net migration into the UK has been continuous for the past 25 years, so if last year for example the haulage/farming industry was able to survive when net migration was say EU 200 000+ then if this year we have yet another EU 100 000+ migrants on top of that then it begs the question what's their point, seems that they are just lobbying for some special dispensation to continue accessing a relentless supply cheap labour.

Any business model that relies on a narrow profile of recruitment is bound to become vulnerable if that recruitment policy becomes compromised, they will need to be a bit more imaginative and introduce changes just like they did when they quickly saw an opportunity to recruit EU workers cheaper for longer at the start of the high immigration cycle, god forbid they need to actually pay a sustainable wage to potential UK workers.

Worth noting that for those leaving the UK, both EU and non EU citizens 75% have left for work in another country it's not that we have suddenly become xenophobic or unwelcoming they are choosing to leave for other opportunities elsewhere and a devalued pound effects those decision, they are just being opportunistic just like their bosses were when they recruited them in the first instance.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...grationstatisticsquarterlyreport/february2018

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ah of course, your spurious claim that near the end of his tenure Wilkins had been absent from the training ground for three or more consecutive weeks, the insinuation was that it was more than just 'man flu', he had just gone AWOL and the players hadn't seen nor heard from him throughout that period.

Frankly I was surprised then less so now that you were unable to decipher how I might know that he had a viral infection and was only away from team affairs intermittedly throughout a period of illness, why would I care other than knowing that what was being said was untrue.

One last time, It wasn't any claim by me. It was this chap who came onto NSC and told you what was happening in the changing room when he was a 1st team player, but you insisted he was wrong, a position that you regularly take despite all evidence to the contrary.

guy-butters-363304.jpg

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?128021-Gary-Hart/page41

I really can't be arsed with it any more. Please feel free to go back to your normal meaningless drivel :wave:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

You do realise that there remains net migration into the UK, there still is more EU citizens coming to the UK than leaving and net migration into the UK has been continuous for the past 25 years, so if last year for example the haulage/farming industry was able to survive when net migration was say EU 200 000+ then if this year we have yet another EU 100 000+ migrants on top of that then it begs the question what's their point, seems that they are just lobbying for some special dispensation to continue accessing a relentless supply cheap labour.

Any business model that relies on a narrow profile of recruitment is bound to become vulnerable if that recruitment policy becomes compromised, they will need to be a bit more imaginative and introduce changes just like they did when they quickly saw an opportunity to recruit EU workers cheaper for longer at the start of the high immigration cycle, god forbid they need to actually pay a sustainable wage to potential UK workers.

Worth noting that for those leaving the UK, both EU and non EU citizens 75% have left for work in another country it's not that we have suddenly become xenophobic or unwelcoming they are choosing to leave for other opportunities elsewhere and a devalued pound effects those decision, they are just being opportunistic just like their bosses were when they recruited them in the first instance.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...grationstatisticsquarterlyreport/february2018

Stop posting common sense.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
One last time, It wasn't any claim by me. It was this chap who came onto NSC and told you what was happening in the changing room, but you insisted he was wrong, a position that you regularly take despite all evidence to the contrary.

View attachment 94971

I really can't be arsed with it any more. Please feel free to go back to your normal meaningless drivel :wave:

Oh please, I remember you squealing like a little girl saying something like ''you tell Guy he is bigger than me'', I cannot recall the exact details of his post, but surely you might have at least a little idea that this wasn't ''my view'' it was the view of the senior back room staff that was there at the time, a time incidentally when Wilkins was sacked and on the back of recent players being released and then reinstated and some going to the press to basically smear Wilkins it was a different club with a different culture back then, I doubt whether you even care whether my version posted 10 years ago is the truth or not it's just another example of you being a snake that pops up hisses and goes back to washing your Y-Fronts like a boss.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One last time, It wasn't any claim by me. It was this chap who came onto NSC and told you what was happening in the changing room when he was a 1st team player, but you insisted he was wrong, a position that you regularly take despite all evidence to the contrary.

View attachment 94971

Gotta laugh hasn’t you? Did you see his reply to my correct prediction and assertion about the route the UK will take with medicines?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh please, I remember you squealing like a little girl saying something like ''you tell Guy he is bigger than me'', I cannot recall the exact details of his post, but surely you might have at least a little idea that this wasn't ''my view'' it was the view of the senior back room staff that was there at the time, a time incidentally when Wilkins was sacked and on the back of recent players being released and then reinstated and some going to the press to basically smear Wilkins it was a different club with a different culture back then, I doubt whether you even care whether my version posted 10 years ago is the truth or not it's just another example of you being a snake that pops up hisses and goes back to washing your Y-Fronts like a boss.

Nice try. I’ve read the exchange between you three. You were unequivocally wrong. And this attempt at blame pointing face-saving waffle just backs up [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] if anything.

You truly are a simpleton.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Gotta laugh hasn’t you? Did you see his reply to my correct prediction and assertion about the route the UK will take with medicines?

I did. I also saw that he thought the fact that TM has now asked to stay in that particular EU institution means it's all resolved. (Like he said it would be :lolol:)

It hasn't occurred to him that if the EU say we can't cherry pick that particular piece of the EU it's all back up in the air again :facepalm:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Nice try. I’ve read the exchange between you three. You were unequivocally wrong. And this attempt at blame pointing face-saving waffle just backs up [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] if anything.

You truly are a simpleton.

You're both just trying to mitigate your embarrassment where I called you out on your previous absurd posts on this thread, poor show.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

How does that work with the NHS then for example? Tier visa restrictions on non-EU staff, the bursary gone on nursing training, staff leaving, care workers not taking up RGN training places now as they used to, as being in debt isn't attractive in middle age etc, etc - It's not quite all on the same page. For example prior to Christmas in NHS England there were 90 psychiatrist posts vacant and 30 Consultant psychiatrist roles vacant in mental health - it takes years to train people to do those roles, 13 in the case of a consultant, being a bit more imaginative isn't really the solution there.

Speaking of care workers - I've lost track how many care homes have closed in my neck of the woods in recent years due to ongoing financial constraints in the social care sector, and there plenty of vacancies advertised now since 2016 - I really can't quite see how care workers wages are going to rise anytime soon.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The not so fantastic Mr Fox has been clocking up the air miles over the last year or so, pleading with the likes of Saudi A, Duterte of The Philippines, China & other such like democracies to give the UK a trade deal post brexit. Liam hasn't been particularly successful up to this point. He's also spouted much rhetoric about The UK becoming more global & outward looking, stating business needs to get out their comfort zone of Europe and seek more worldly deals. Liam was leading by example just a few nights ago - drowning his sorrows in a Munich Brauhaus, looking as though he's in no state to dance a Schuhplattler, or strike a trade deal. Those 'easy deals' appear to be taking their toll on poor Liam. It looks like 'hell' to me.......

Fox.Munich.jpg

Fox.2.jpg

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
How does that work with the NHS then for example? Tier visa restrictions on non-EU staff, the bursary gone on nursing training, staff leaving, care workers not taking up RGN training places now as they used to, as being in debt isn't attractive in middle age etc, etc - It's not quite all on the same page. For example prior to Christmas in NHS England there were 90 psychiatrist posts vacant and 30 Consultant psychiatrist roles vacant in mental health - it takes years to train people to do those roles, 13 in the case of a consultant, being a bit more imaginative isn't really the solution there.

Speaking of care workers - I've lost track how many care homes have closed in my neck of the woods in recent years due to ongoing financial constraints in the social care sector, and there plenty of vacancies advertised now since 2016 - I really can't quite see how care workers wages are going to rise anytime soon.

Being imaginative means you can be pragmatic too, I do not know enough about the sector you are highlighting, so you might be able to offer how this might be addressed and how Brexit adversely effects the outcomes, it seems that other rich countries outside of the EU can ensure a high level care to it's citizens why not post Brexit UK.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The not so fantastic Mr Fox has been clocking up the air miles over the last year or so, pleading with the likes of Saudi A, Duterte of The Philippines, China & other such like democracies to give the UK a trade deal post brexit. Liam hasn't been particularly successful up to this point. He's also spouted much rhetoric about The UK becoming more global & outward looking, stating business needs to get out their comfort zone of Europe and seek more worldly deals. Liam was leading by example just a few nights ago - drowning his sorrows in a Munich Brauhaus, looking as though he's in no state to dance a Schuplattler, or strike a trade deal. Those 'easy deals' appear to be taking their toll on poor Liam. It looks like 'hell' to me.......

As soon as I saw those pictures of Dr Fox GP in that attire, I thought of this.

1a3f5511d80f440c03b5868e21debe91--alan-partridge-top-tv.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're both just trying to mitigate your embarrassment where I called you out on your previous absurd posts on this thread, poor show.

I’ll direct everyone to post 38404 onwards and let everyone else be the judge. It’s very simple, I called option 1) and was correct.

For the benefit of the simple, when one posts an exhaustive list of outcomes it means every outcome, and some may be extreme and less probable than others. This does not invalidate the entire list as you seem to believe. A bit like my life tomorrow....one outcome is death....extreme and unlikely, I hope, but it’s a legitimate outcome none the less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here