Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Why are we STILL talking about at relegated clubs cast offs...! As I am sure the club are doing, let's look a little further afield.

Yes you are right we should definitely not be looking at players who have played over 140 games in the top flight and represented his country at all age levels. Like it or not this is the type of market we will be operating at

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Do me a favour. He has the turning circle of a cement truck and is long past running.

If we want someone to sit in behind and ping balls around then we have Norwood.

He is 30 years old and if you are suggesting would not be a preferable alternative in our squad to Norwood then I am going to struggle to take your seriously

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He is 30 years old and if you are suggesting would not be a preferable alternative in our squad to Norwood then I am going to struggle to take your seriously

I'm struggling to take you seriously to be honest. Have you actually watched him over the last couple of years, or are you looking at his wikipedia page? Genuine question.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Surely there must be a new signing this week. If not I will officially move from the surprised that we haven't done more to worried.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it stands we need 5 at most in my opinion, a Keeper, Left Back, Centre Mid, Winger, Striker

Anymore would depend on who goes out on loan etc.

Let's be honest, the only deal we fans are looking for is 'striker #1'.

If that deal is is a head spinning, 'holy s***', statement of intent, all this thread is meaningless.

If on the other hand it's a bit meh, then this thread hasn't even warmed up.
Within minutes Derby's points total in 2007/08 will seem like an insurmountable dream.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I'm struggling to take you seriously to be honest. Have you actually watched him over the last couple of years, or are you looking at his wikipedia page? Genuine question.

Only in patches like most Albion fans and whilst never been quick still looks tidy on the ball with a good range of passing. Would be cheap and add some experience to the squad and an improvement on our backup midfielders. Looks a bit stale at Hull and probably looking for a new challenge.

Not suggesting he is a world beater by any stretch but then we are not in that market area we.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely as the squad have gone out to Austria to bond and train and get ready for the season, it's time for a poll to test the water in terms of the wetness of the collective NSC bed?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Only in patches like most Albion fans and whilst never been quick still looks tidy on the ball with a good range of passing. Would be cheap and add some experience to the squad and an improvement on our backup midfielders. Looks a bit stale at Hull and probably looking for a new challenge.

Not suggesting he is a world beater by any stretch but then we are not in that market area we.

Fair enough, agree to disagree.

Just can't see him fitting in a 442/4411 unless brought on late for Baldock/Gross to hold onto a lead in a 451/433.

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016

Good player, bags of experience (for Tottenham as well as Hull), would certainly be an upgrade on Norwood.

At £2m - you really can't go wrong, can you?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not according to the chap I enjoyed a beer with on Thursday evening.

Oh well, not for lack of effort i am sure.

I think the club have thrown everyone at the Niki Maenpaa welcome video, celebrating him eventually signing a new contract. Everything is on hold until this is complete.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Surely as the squad have gone out to Austria to bond and train and get ready for the season, it's time for a poll to test the water in terms of the wetness of the collective NSC bed?

Pretty wet already to be fair. It'll take another fortnight for me to start genuinely worrying, at which point I don't think anybody could suggest the situation is ideal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here