Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Has anyone been on the caravan site up the road to see their views on our signings ? would expect there to be loads of sh*t about our debts and how we cannot afford these signings.. and how they are not good enough for the new champions of Europe .. would go myself but dont want to infect my lap top with their scummy views

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Stephens will still be the first name on the teamsheet when he is fit

Agree, and that doesn't bring Propper's role into doubt because it's quite likely you will have cause to use a different CM at times in the season, and for me Propper should really be cover for both CM and AM (Gross). Knockaert can also get games with Jahanbakhsh playing too, because if neccessary Jahanbakhsh can also play in that AM position. We have great rotation options now, and while the load may be shared around a little more next season, I think that's good, and I don't think anyone is going to have to lose out next season. We were really lucky last year with no real injury issues, I'd say we are well placed now to deal with any eventuality in terms of injury and suspension which is great.

CalifornianSeagull

Jul 25, 2018
California
Hi everyone!

Congrats on landing Jahanbakhsh, really looking forward to cheering the team on this upcoming season!

I'd like to invite you all over to our Persian Football forums to discuss all things JB over there as well or in case you'd like to keep up with info:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?46-Persian-Football-Discussion-Community

In the past, we've had insightful NEC supporters come and discuss news regarding Jahanbakhsh, and we'd love to have you over!

Cheers!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That's what I thought, but it's too hard for me to believe we spent £14M on a midfielder to sit on the bench.
Hughton's got some tough calls this season, kind of nice problems to have though.

You can just look at the transfer fee consider the value to us of the players we've already got. Jose Izquierdo cost about £16 million and spent part of last season on the bench, he start 23 games, so thats only 60% of games he started.

What would Dale Stephens cost to buy, we turned down around £9 million from Burnley a couple of seasons ago and Stephens has only got better since. He's got to be worth at least £15 million to us.

We are a Premier League side, we are going to have a bench that cost more than pretty much every transfer we've ever made prior to last season put together. We want some real strength in depth and we appear to have gone out and got it this summer, but it costs money, even for players that may not be automatic first choices.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that Stephens should and will be the first name on the team sheet as he is our Mr Reliable and the engine room of the team Havent read any reports of Bissoumma and how he performed against Portsmouth but then it is early days for him.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Congratulations to everyone! Just look at the amount of instagram comments and how the followers are rising :laugh:
I‘m sure you won‘t regret his signing :)

PS.: I saw some members here worrying about the situation that iranians and israelis are in the same team now. There is now law that he can‘t have israeli teammates. He only can‘t play against israeli teams. We have/had a lot of other players playing with israelis like Azmoun, Teymourian and Dejagah.

Looking forward to the new saison! Hope I can one day watch a game in your stadium and cheering with you! :albion2:

Hi mate and welcome. We are pretty excited that your countryman has joined us and hoping for a really explosive start to the season!

I have a question regarding what you said. What would happen if you were in the World Cup Finals and were drawn against Israel? Would Iran pull out of the competition?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hi mate and welcome. We are pretty excited that your countryman has joined us and hoping for a really explosive start to the season!

I have a question regarding what you said. What would happen if you were in the World Cup Finals and were drawn against Israel? Would Iran pull out of the competition?

Politics again.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Haha, the SSN presenter just failed miserably trying to pronounce Jahanbakhsh, it was hilarious.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

All the way back to the 1980 Olympics, I personally think it best that sport and politics are kept entirely separate. Often international sport is the first (easy) victim of grandstanding politicians in a dispute. Sport instead can actually educate the bigoted.

Let's refrain from this pointless chatter and simply enjoy the Albion's new recruit.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
We are a Premier League side, we are going to have a bench that cost more than pretty much every transfer we've ever made prior to last season put together. We want some real strength in depth and we appear to have gone out and got it this summer, but it costs money, even for players that may not be automatic first choices.

Very much this.

Our bench next season is going to be far stronger than any starting 11 that I can remember in my Albion-following lifetime. The options at CH's disposal are now fairly extensive (in terms of both personnel and systems).

I suspect that it will take some time for the new team to gel; we're going to have to be a little patient and not expect too much too soon - but I can't wait to see what this team looks like once we're settled.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hi everyone!

Congrats on landing Jahanbakhsh, really looking forward to cheering the team on this upcoming season!

I'd like to invite you all over to our Persian Football forums to discuss all things JB over there as well or in case you'd like to keep up with info:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?46-Persian-Football-Discussion-Community

In the past, we've had insightful NEC supporters come and discuss news regarding Jahanbakhsh, and we'd love to have you over!

Cheers!

Welcome, neighbour! :bigwave:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
All the way back to the 1980 Olympics, I personally think it best that sport and politics are kept entirely separate. Often international sport is the first (easy) victim of grandstanding politicians in a dispute. Sport instead can actually educate the bigoted.

Let's refrain from this pointless chatter and simply enjoy the Albion's new recruit.

Well said

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here