Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Funnell

john dunbar

Mar 29, 2010
Kenley
Former Seagull Simon Funnell is planning a charity match in memory of his 18 day old daughter, Ella, who sadly died of Meningitis just before Christmas. The match is scheduled for Sunday 5th September and will be played at Three Bridges FC between a Brighton XI and a Palace XI. Steve Kember is putting together the Palace team.
Hope you will be able to attend this fun day in aid of this worthy charity and see some of your old favourites.

D

Deleted User X18H

Former Seagull Simon Funnell is planning a charity match in memory of his 18 day old daughter, Ella, who sadly died of Meningitis just before Christmas. The match is scheduled for Sunday 5th September and will be played at Three Bridges FC between a Brighton XI and a Palace XI. Steve Kember is putting together the Palace team.
Hope you will be able to attend this fun day in aid of this worthy charity and see some of your old favourites.

Count me in for doing what I can to raise cash and awareness is there a fund raising link?

john dunbar

Mar 29, 2010
Kenley
Thanks all for kind comments. I'll put up more details of the match when they are available but it is intended that the ground will open at 11am, bar at noon and kick off at 1pm. We are still in the planning stage but will be publicising the game in papers and hopefully on radio too in due course.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
18 days, my heart goes out to him, and both your families.
I guess NSC was all over it at the time, maybe it just didn't stick in my memory.

Personally I don't think there could be any worse a tragedy, I hope Simon and family are well, in the circumstances.

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
The Ella Funnell Brighton v Palace game was featured in the Argus this morning -very sad story but great to see the amount of money being raised for chairty.

Couldnt find a link on the Argus site but there is one here on the Three Bridges fc site

Three Bridges Football Club

Argus said that Gus is being asked to play which would be good to see.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Thanks all for kind comments. I'll put up more details of the match when they are available but it is intended that the ground will open at 11am, bar at noon and kick off at 1pm. We are still in the planning stage but will be publicising the game in papers and hopefully on radio too in due course.

I can also put something on countdown2falmer.co.uk if you wish as well?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here