Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ‘Down on your boyfriend’

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This gay Huddersfield fan seems to be upset by it;

Rightly or wrongly, most Brighton fans are used to it. However I can only imagine how dejecting it must be having something about you mocked by your own fans. It’s not just Brighton that have gay fans.
This is exactly my point. It's the gay fans from our opposing teams that have most reason to be upset - it's their so called mates that are anti-gay. Our gay fans travel home to a more enlightened city, where they hopefully feel completely welcome and accepted.

But I want to stand up for minorities everywhere, it doesn't matter that they support a different team to me, I don't accept the abuse they have to face because of the sexual orientation or race etc.

I still can't understand how some of you don't get it. Obviously the homophobic chants don't specifically offend straight Brighton fans :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
@Knocky’s Nose seems to be. Unless the reply to me was deliberately obtuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect it maybe that sometimes when someone picks up one of these they become reluctant to put it down:

digging.jpg

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You are aware I am not the OP, aren't you?

I am always happy to admit when I'm plainly wrong - and I am happy to admit I fell down the hole of thinking you were the OP from the way the posts were going. My apologies.

Not sure why you said I'm "never wrong" mind you... All I ever want is for people to find the middle ground, look at the bigger picture, be sensible and measured - and not do the "Instant outrage, just add water" thing which seems to be the fashion these days.

We all have buttons, and many different things push these. I get that. I won't get more involved in this. Over and out.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am always happy to admit when I'm plainly wrong - and I am happy to admit I fell down the hole of thinking you were the OP from the way the posts were going. My apologies.

Not sure why you said I'm "never wrong" mind you... All I ever want is for people to find the middle ground, look at the bigger picture, be sensible and measured - and not do the "Instant outrage, just add water" thing which seems to be the fashion these days.

We all have buttons, and many different things push these. I get that.
Because, as I told you, you made wild assumptions which were wrong which you refuted. Now we know why. Apology accepted but I am really not bothered. Just concerned that you proved my first actual serious post on this thread which is the timing of these chants and the glib way you and others are dismissing it with jibes about opera. It was specifically an anti homophobia day. Change will be slow, if at all. But Kick It Out started like that and has made a great deal of progress.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I was disappointed in their fans compared to last season. I know the result was different but I expected them to be really noisy again but it didn't happen except for a few clacker sessions. Last year they sang loud all game, had a song for every player. Second season syndrome?

I hated it/them last season too. The choreographed euro woah woah drum business is utterly hateful. Too forced, too 'look at us, we're hard core football fans'. They even had little actions worked out for their songs last year, led by some **** with a megaphone. Them and palace try so desperately to force an atmosphere - au naturale for me thanks!

Chatting to some of their (whingey) fans after the match and they hate the drum/forced atmosphere too. Seems like it only recently pitched up - strange that. Same up the road there

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Pretty sad really , obviously i have no idea about the amount of gay footballers there are currently playing in mens professional football but it really wouldn't suprise me if most clubs , if not all , had gay players , give it another 10 years and i reckon the last remaining homophobic dimwits will by then have realised the only people thy're really hurting are their own players .

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This is exactly my point. It's the gay fans from our opposing teams that have most reason to be upset - it's their so called mates that are anti-gay. Our gay fans travel home to a more enlightened city, where they hopefully feel completely welcome and accepted.

But I want to stand up for minorities everywhere, it doesn't matter that they support a different team to me, I don't accept the abuse they have to face because of the sexual orientation or race etc.

I still can't understand how some of you don't get it. Obviously the homophobic chants don't specifically offend straight Brighton fans :rolleyes:

Thats the point as I'd suspect 98% of fans in grounds are straight.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thats the point as I'd suspect 98% of fans in grounds are straight.....

Nationally, the number of people who identify as LBGT is around 2.5%, so it seems football is in line with the rest of the country.

However, the number of people in the north that do so is far less than London.

My own life experience suggests that’s a massive under estimation because, guess what, it’s not something people are open about, particularly in older age brackets.

It’s reasonable to assume that the actual percentage is higher in life unless you think that older people and Northerners somehow aren’t gay. And it’s that very reluctance to come out that these campaigns are for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Diablo;8684771Do you agree with abuse that Zaha will no doubt get ? [/QUOTE said:
Yes - because he is an attention seeking, whinging cheat.

(With the caveat of course that the abuse should not be because of, or related to, his colour or race but solely because he is an attention seeking whinging cheat).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here