Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Another one bites the dust ( Swindon Sack Phil Brown)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Swindon have sacked manager Phil Brown who was doing a good job keeping them mid table without a budget....

Swindon are a selling club but will never move on all the time Lee Power is owner and will not invest.

Sell for good money and invest peanuts or loans not a good business model.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shame. I quite liked the mahogany-tanned geordie wanker.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Lower league management is quite some job isn't it.
They must only do it for the love of football as it's almost impossible at clubs like Swindon and there are many others.
I have no sympathy for managers of PL and most championship clubs and plenty of admiration for managers that do well with smaller low budget clubs, but the stress involved at lower league level must be huge.
Always felt so sorry for Russell Slade a typical example of a good guy doing his very best.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
5 managers in 5 years and they always get sacked as its always the managers fault??????? must be something else wrong..

Thats a worse record than Dirty Leeds...
DL have had 12 managers in the last 5 years.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Swindon have sacked manager Phil Brown who was doing a good job keeping them mid table without a budget....

Swindon are a selling club but will never move on all the time Lee Power is owner and will not invest.

Sell for good money and invest peanuts or loans not a good business model.

Did he go in a roundabout way? :shrug:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Colin Caulderwood is a rumour........but I doubt that very much

Gus Poyet is another rumour.

Apparently the locals have been getting more fed up with Phil Brown by the week and will be glad to see the back of him.
But getting fired after a win is unusual, unless his replacement is all lined up of course. That couldn't happen though could it?

(Btw, I made up the Poyet rumour)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is it just me or has there been rather less dust-biting this year? At this stage last year, we'd lost at least half a dozen - is Brown the second or third? We've lost none in the PL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here