Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury ... from the comfort of your sofa

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just checked and they played the suite in 77 and 78. F***** if I can remember which one it was that I was at though :mad:

Well there you go, I really didn't think they had. First time I saw them was Hammersmith Odeon on Iron Fist, 1982/3 I think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How come everybody loves Glastonbury ... from the comfort of your sofa but hates people who watch football on Sky... from the comfort of your sofa ?

Serious question ???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How come everybody loves Glastonbury ... from the comfort of your sofa but hates people who watch football on Sky... from the comfort of your sofa ?

Serious question ???

Sky armchair types who live in places like Plymouth and support Man Utd and not their local team deserve a bit of stick.
Glastonbury is once a year and not easy to get tickets, I think plenty of genuine fans of the bands playing would like to go.

I like watching some of the bands at Glastonbury from the comfort of my sofa with a beer, not actually sure I would like to be at Glastonbury.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sky armchair types who live in places like Plymouth and support Man Utd and not their local team deserve a bit of stick.
Glastonbury is once a year and not easy to get tickets, I think plenty of genuine fans of the bands playing would like to go.

I like watching some of the bands at Glastonbury from the comfort of my sofa with a beer, not actually sure I would like to be at Glastonbury.

Fair play for taking up the challenge of replying :clap2:

Tho suspect few will add much to your 'Not sure I would like to be at...' whether it applies to festivals or football. Guess in the end I'm probably advocating cutting the Sky viewers a bit of slack seeing as how we do exactly the same re Glasto - except we get it for free.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fair play for taking up the challenge of replying :clap2:

Tho suspect few will add much to your 'Not sure I would like to be at...' whether it applies to festivals or football. Guess in the end I'm probably advocating cutting the Sky viewers a bit of slack seeing as how we do exactly the same re Glasto - except we get it for free.

I would definitely get lost, lose my tent and anyone I was with if I went to Glastonbury, I have a terrible sense of direction.
At least I can find one of the toilets in my house :smile:

TBH I've never felt the need to go and looking at the crowd at the front watching Florence & The Machine they looked less than half my age :(

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Blimey, I knew this man had a catalogue of hits but by Christ I didn't quiet realise to what extent. Quality.

Agree. He's done about 30 songs so far and everyone a huge hit. He's 87 as well. At his age he should be shuffling round in his slippers and pissing himself, not playing at Glastonbury

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Serious question ???

3 days on a campsite with limited facilities with 177'000 pissed-up people really isn't for me, but I'm quite happy to watch a few hours of mid-summer highlights with a nice cold beer each evening once the kids are safely tucked up. Similarly, I don't have SKY and wouldn't ever watch a televised Premier League game from start to finish, but I enjoy Match of the Day in the winter months with a crackling log fire and a decent glass of red (Italian or Spanish).

I think I must be getting old as the quality of performance at Glastonbury this year (from what little I have seen on TV) seems a bit lacking?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Agree. He's done about 30 songs so far and everyone a huge hit. He's 87 as well.At his age he should be shuffling round in his slippers and pissing himself, not playing at Glastonbury

Indeed. Fair play to him, I am only 46 and I am already shuffling around in my slippers and pissing myself.:eek:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Who's on tonight?

Either gonna watch Glastonbury or The Theory of Everything on DVD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here