Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is your view on the c4% season ticket price increase?

What is your view on the c4% season ticket price increase?

• Happy, and will renew

Votes: 132 54.5%
  • Unhappy, but will renew

Votes: 100 41.3%
  • Happy, but will not renew for other reasons

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Unhappy and won't renew

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Food costs continue to rise, so the caterer will always be passing on increases. Throw in increased travel costs and other inflationary factors and a rise was inevitable. Not welcome but they know we will continue to pay it.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
This would be a very valid point IF we were guaranteed to be playing in the Premier League next season.

well no doubt you can refute what i am about to say with a load of stats but i am not sure that season ticket income constituted an enormous amount of our income in Championship either. certainly the 4% increase wont.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
well no doubt you can refute what i am about to say with a load of stats but i am not sure that season ticket income constituted an enormous amount of our income in Championship either. certainly the 4% increase wont.

Match day income was About 35% of the total income (29m) generated last season.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’m not voting on principle / Tapatalk.

However, I will say that a conversation about renewal was probably inevitable this year due to dwindling resources and the extra 4% won’t help that conversation go well.

On the flip side, if we weren’t in such austere times, I probably wouldn’t even think about the increase and just pay up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So could Manchester United, who have frozen ticket prices for six out of the last seven years. They could easily increase prices and sell more tickets to daytrippers and football tourists, but choose not to do so.

Suspect I'm in the minority here but I'd be more willing to pay a higher ST price if the club were relegated. TB should not need to subsidise the Albion in the Premier League due to the broadcast income, but neither should the fanbase be expected to pay more too.

I think this is most valid post on this thread. I think we all owe Tony Bloom a massive debt and it is right that his financial debt to the club is reduced. however it is very hard to stomach the amount of money that goes to players these days and given the small % of overall income that comes through ticket sales I would like to see the club freeze prices in the Premier league if they could. It would be a great goodwill gesture if all Premier League sides did it across the board. The cap of £30 for away fans (with some lower) is already very appreciated.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
4/5% is a bit of a piss taker considering the wonga they’re getting from TV, if we went down I’d understand. But if we stay up I’d hope they’d freeze it, or at least keep it with inflation.

I’m still renewing though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We are already paying enough and this increase is not necessary.

That said, I want to actually watch the game so I won't consider moving where it's cheapest and only getting a partial impression of the game.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Renew without question. I think some zones are overpriced but it was difficult to get a season ticket in the first place so I will just keep it up.

The only thing that would stop me is if the trains get any worse. Getting better if anything.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We are already paying enough and this increase is not necessary.

That said, I want to actually watch the game so I won't consider moving where it's cheapest and only getting a partial impression of the game.

Most aways offer a greatly inferior view than such areas of The Amex, if indeed there are any. Where do you mean?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Most aways offer a greatly inferior view than such areas of The Amex, if indeed there are any. Where do you mean?

I mean being in the North or South, behind the goal. You only get an impression of the game, rather than a good understanding of what's actually happening. In my opinion, being behind the goal is about the atmosphere rather than watching the game. It's one of the things that puts me off away games where you generally have the worst view of the game. I go to watch the game, East Upper is the perfect view, you can see what was happening all of the pitch. Behind the goal you're never too sure what's happening, how close to the far goal the play is, etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I mean being in the North or South, behind the goal. You only get an impression of the game, rather than a good understanding of what's actually happening. In my opinion, being behind the goal is about the atmosphere rather than watching the game. It's one of the things that puts me off away games where you generally have the worst view of the game. I go to watch the game, East Upper is the perfect view, you can see what was happening all of the pitch. Behind the goal you're never too sure what's happening, how close to the far goal the play is, etc.

I'm a "side on" kinda guy too.

It's interesting to see how slow the North Stand is selling for the Coventry relative to the West and East.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So could Manchester United, who have frozen ticket prices for six out of the last seven years. They could easily increase prices and sell more tickets to daytrippers and football tourists, but choose not to do so.

Are the Glaziers not considered to be money-thieving ***** any more then?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Fair enough. My experience of half-way line seats is like watching it on TV with the volume up but no replays.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I agree that east Upper is best view for the plebs. Atmosphere is not so good though. Down in the lower sections they game seems much faster than on TV and I can appreciate close control more from the player's view. We do quite well.

Nearer the pitch down the side not in the centre, the view for 50% of the game is not nearly so good as in the central section, and we get wet when its raining, so I reckon this should be comparatively cheaper?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For season tickets, not for match by match tickets - the U10 category doesn't exist for a one-off ticket.

This is a thread about ST price increases, isn't it? :shrug:

But, fair enough - I didn't know that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are the Glaziers not considered to be money-thieving ***** any more then?

They’re a paradox. They ‘could’ put up ST prices and still sell out 75,000 tickets per home game, and they ‘could’ sell naming rights for Old Trafford but have decided against it. They make so much money from fleecing daytrippers and tourists that they’ve decided to avoid the hostility that those decisions would generate.

Other decisions, such as the auto cup ticket enrolment scheme, stink the place out, but they’ve not backtracked on that policy.

A weird strategy, not profit maximising though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm a "side on" kinda guy too.

It's interesting to see how slow the North Stand is selling for the Coventry relative to the West and East.
I like a corner and am resolute in that.

Once tried the centre at the Amex and hated it.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Will renew whichever league we are in, however for those that say 'it's only 4.5%' I wonder if you would take the same attitude if your Council Tax or Water Rates went up by that amount? After all wages certainly aren't going up by 4.5%.

I know Bloom's put in millions upon millions, but considering the income from TV it does seem quite a high percentage increase IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here