Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Random advert middle of NSC

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wish to complain about the free service I get and make use of regularly.

Not really –*I couldn't really give a toss about an advert here and there. It's part of (online) life nowadays. The adverts within the main forum on a Mac are fine and I don't see any through Tapatalk :shrug:

You crack on and do whatever you need to, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
NSC meet up at Aladdin anyone?

but seriously what [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] said there is clearly some testing and tweeking going on to keep this site running for no one can complain really

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I completely ignore the ads. I also ignore the ads anywhere else online. On the rare occasions I watch live commercial TV I mute the ads or switch channels until I estimate the programme has restarted. However I don't mind print ads which I find much less intrusive.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
For me it is getting to the stage that unless your login to NSC it is getting pretty unusable. Today it was hard to see the content through the adverts. I also seem to get threads where replies appears a couple of letters per line due to the advert on the right

I don't mind the small adverts, nothing wrong with a bit of advertising, we all need to be told occasionally what we really want. It is the big F+++ off adverts that I really hate especially on any mobile device. Right I'm off to next to pick up my winters coat.

Capture.JPG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For me it is getting to the stage that unless your login to NSC it is getting pretty unusable. Today it was hard to see the content through the adverts. I also seem to get threads where replies appears a couple of letters per line due to the advert on the right

I don't mind the small adverts, nothing wrong with a bit of advertising, we all need to be told occasionally what we really want. It is the big F+++ off adverts that I really hate especially on any mobile device. Right I'm off to next to pick up my winters coat.

View attachment 90717

And when you logged in?

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
When I logged in to post in this thread all the large adverts disappear and is just a few small random adverts around. Not a problem

Interestingly when you replied when i was not logged in it looked like this
Screenshot_20171101-124544.png

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Mine just went mad.. Superdry advert, as per pic.. I am logged in. Closed it 4/5 times, refreshed page it has gone now..

adnsc.PNG

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
When I logged in to post in this thread all the large adverts disappear and is just a few small random adverts around. Not a problem

Interestingly when you replied when i was not logged in it looked like this
View attachment 90718

Had this too, after clicking facebook link to an NSC story

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The ads with videos at the top and bottom of the screen are making it unusable. It kicks flipping to the bottom of the page every few seconds.

I'm experiencing this right now. Complete and utter ****ing pain in the arse.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I don't suppose anybody knows how many people it takes to bring Disney's Aladdin to life on stage? :shrug:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On the subject of obscure ads [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]
When you've added your DOB on your profile, does the ads target this.
As I've been getting ads for equity release on my house, replacement teeth, saga insurances and bloody baths with doors that open on the side and sod knows what else :lolol:
I'm not knocking on the door of my coffin yet, but pleeeeeaaaassssse!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
More ads have started appearing on my mobile. Getting a bit much isn't it?

This evening an auto-play pop-up video (the worst kind of ads known to man) appeared on the bottom right of my screen. Not only are those kind of ads extremely annoying, they drain your battery life and use your data allowance!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Just something that I'm trying out.

May not stay or maybe it will. Maybe just on the forum page, maybe just within threads. I have no idea yet.

Feel free to post criticism and/or abuse here.

Ask your doctor if you could achieve clear skin. Advances in dermatology mean that achieving clear skin is now possible for many people.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here