Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Two or more sides in a negotiation not one :ffsparr:
But well done for entirely missing the point that there is a requirement by treaty

But it isn't down to the EU to lead the negotiations.
It's certainly not in their best interests, trying to say 2 sides are negotiating is being very disingenuous.
One side is holding 4 aces and a loaded gun while the other has 8 high and a water pistol with the added bonus of sideliners screaming 'go all in', followed by 'what did you go all in for'.

For all of us that missed it, it's good of the government to reinact the last Sex Pistols gig, for us.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Respected ex-BBC journalist Gavin Esler:

"Here in Brussels there is bemusement and alarm that a British Government which does not know what it wants keeps asking EU leaders to help them deliver it. Respect has gone. Pity is in evidence. And increasing impatience."

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What an utter, utter shambles this has all become. The rest of the world is laughing at us. EU countries like the French are preparing to introduce full border checks under no deal. Australia, for example, see the opportunity to pick us off in a trade deal that suits them, because we'll be so desperate.

Apologies if it's been covered, but do you all know that the French own Newhaven port and subsidise the Dieppe ferry to the tune of E25m per annum? The contract to run the boats runs out in the Summer of 2020. Who really thinks they'll continue the subsidy? My money is on no more ferry service, just as the new port road is ready to open! Did ESCC build that risk into their £13m funding contribution, using our money? Or will they throw more of our money at subsidising the ferry from this end?

Still, I guess 'Leave means Leave' trumps all this. 'You lost, stop moaning' is somehow the comeback.

In all honesty, however you voted, can anyone say this is how they thought it would play out?

Never mind PPI, endowment mortgages, Brexit is the worst case of mis-selling of them all.

PG

Yes this is how I saw it turning out in all honesty.
It was one of the main reasons I voted remain, I knew our hapless government, PM and politicians were not able to get together for the good of the country and do the right thing, it's all about them not us as usual.
It should never have been called in the first place anyway.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

"Here in Brussels there is bemusement and alarm that a British Government which does not know what it wants keeps asking EU leaders to help them deliver it. Respect has gone. Pity is in evidence. And increasing impatience."

Would that be, respected ex-BBC journalist, Europhile and leave voter Gavin Esler by any chance? Chum of Laura Kuenssberg maybe?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Would that be, respected ex-BBC journalist, Europhile and leave voter Gavin Esler by any chance? Chum of Laura Kuenssberg maybe?

Not sure you have his voting record correct, but regardless of his bias, I doubt he is wrong in describing loss of respect and growing pity and impatience, do you really think he is wrong?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But it isn't down to the EU to lead the negotiations.
It's certainly not in their best interests, trying to say 2 sides are negotiating is being very disingenuous.
One side is holding 4 aces and a loaded gun while the other has 8 high and a water pistol with the added bonus of sideliners screaming 'go all in', followed by 'what did you go all in for'.

For all of us that missed it, it's good of the government to reinact the last Sex Pistols gig, for us.

You would benefit from reading article 50

That will be Gavin Esler full time remoaner, now a champion and speaker at the ignore the referendum, do it all again peoplevote debacle group.....sorry but have zero respect for people that want to ignore democracy because they lost

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I imagine sometime today we will see a load of celebrity luvvies throwing their Michael Caine DVDs on a bonfire in Parliament square.Nothing enrages a luvvie more than someone with a different opinion to them, they will be SPITTING rage with Sir Michael’s latest outburst, some will be calling for the removal of his Knighthood..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I imagine sometime today we will see a load of celebrity luvvies throwing their Michael Caine DVDs on a bonfire in Parliament square.Nothing enrages a luvvie more than someone with a different opinion to them, they will be SPITTING rage with Sir Michael’s latest outburst, some will be calling for the removal of his Knighthood..

He's a pensioner and multi millionaire tax exile . Frankly I'm not that fussed what he has to say about Brexit.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
He's a pensioner and multi millionaire tax exile . Frankly I'm not that fussed what he has to say about Brexit.

TBH I'd extend that lack of interest to most if not all celebs who hold forth on political issues (except when I agree with them!). Seriously, anyone writing from planet celeb doesn't have a great deal of grasp of the daily life for experiences of most people, but there's a special place in the rogues' gallery for those who enjoy tax exile status.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It's not really a leave government is it?
If it was we'd have a government with a backbone that doesn't roll over like a bunch of pussies when dealing with the Brussel sprouts !!
You can't get deals with that lot and I'm not sure they give a shite as long as they have control of everything.
Bloody Irish border issues lol....to actually think Brussels have this sort of control over these parts makes me cringe.
Just pull out and leave the border as it is as it's got fack all to do with them once we leave!!
They can talk to the republic if they so choose after..Bloody bunch of control freaks who can't be pleased.
May is such a weak woman and dragging this on so long is bloody embarrassing.

Stop sitting on the bloody fence and tell us what you really think.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Love the way Brexiteers make up scenarios and over time..believe them :lol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
TBH I'd extend that lack of interest to most if not all celebs who hold forth on political issues (except when I agree with them!). Seriously, anyone writing from planet celeb doesn't have a great deal of grasp of the daily life for experiences of most people, but there's a special place in the rogues' gallery for those who enjoy tax exile status.

Totally agree ...... maybe now we can also stop quoting celebs like Brian Cox as well ?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So are we going to leave and just stay in the customs union indefinitely? It counts as leaving because we would be out of the EU so it honours the vote but it simply means that we just have to follow all the rules we have no say over. Maybe out means out except when you are out but act like you are not out.

That will sit well with those wanting to take back control.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like the EU has approved a trade agreement with Vietnam. A far cry from the growing climate of protectionism in the US.

This week the EU will also this week give its final signature to a trade deal with Singapore, which has already been negotiated and ratified.

Still waiting from the Brexiteers on here for any tangible benefits of leaving the world's biggest trading block??

We do still have Andrea Leadsoms jam and biscuits Brexit plan...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So you won’t be burning your copy of ZULU in Parliament square?

Nope. I like the man. I’ve had a few cups of coffee with him and his wife and got given a box of cigars from him. I used to guard his property in Leatherhead when it was being built. Thoroughly nice people, just don’t have much regard for his view on Brexit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What scenario has been made up then ?
It's funny, you're happy to chase the remainers around the board who make dubious remarks (notably plooks and dave), but you're less prepared to defend your own dubious nonsense. Why should these people defend their own sometimes daft comments when you're not prepared to defend your own utter bilge? Stuff like this:

I wonder what business would join a club that prevented it from seeking and doing deals with customers who weren't also a member of the club ?
You post a load of shit but then decide you're above it all when it comes to explaining yourself.

Double standards.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's funny, you're happy to chase the remainers around the board who make dubious remarks (notably plooks and dave), but you're less prepared to defend your own dubious nonsense. Why should these people defend their own sometimes daft comments when you're not prepared to defend your own utter bilge? Stuff like this:

You post a load of shit but then decide you're above it all when it comes to explaining yourself.

Double standards.

I asked Dave a perfectly polite question and he replied, perfectly politely. Not sure what has rattled your cage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here