Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] **Royal Wedding Official Thread**

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I did chuckle at that when she posted it, and of course your perfectly correct answer. I wonder what she'll do next? A cleaner? A saleswoman? Perhaps even a role in human resources at a blue chip multinational?

But you know, as much as I'm sure she'd love one of those roles, I reckon she'll work at a THEATRE where she her job title will be remarkably vague. And I guess it might be a theatre where one of her family is patron. Just a wild guess.

When you have scoliosis, physical jobs are hard to find, especially when you've had to have your spine fused. I thought it was brave of her to show the scar down her spine with a low backed dress.

Why be so envious of the rich? Did she ask to be born into a rich family?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I have always thought you an intersting poster and I have never had any reason to put you on ignore. You comments on this thread are needlessly peevish. I really don't think what I posted was remotely stupid. Ditto [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION], a poster with whom I share numerous disagreements as well as agreements, without rancour as far as I am aware. I think you might feel less irritable after you've showered away whatever metaphorical sand it is that has lodged itself in your crevice

How would you describe this then?

"looks like 'red' Simster has got the wrong end of several sticks this afternoon"

When clearly I haven't got the wrong end of any stick. It's just you don't happen to agree with me.

Now, now, play nicely. It's Friday, and the weekend looms.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When you have scoliosis, physical jobs are hard to find, especially when you've had to have your spine fused. I thought it was brave of her to show the scar down her spine with a low backed dress.

My sister has scoliosis - she had what looks like exactly the same procedure, a massive metal rod right down her spine. So too does my daughter, and she's likely to have the same thing done when she's 20ish (when she stops growing), so I think I know more than you about how scoliosis can impact lives.

And I'm telling you, you're overplaying it. She works in an art gallery for precisely the reason [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION] says. My sister on the other hand, works bloody hard, and my daughter has the same ethic.

I'm not envious of the rich, I'm annoyed that so many people simply don't question the necessity for a royal family in this country. You don't need to be jumping in at every perceived sleight at the royal family.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What happens if little George turns out to be a racist narcissist? Would you have liked a vote then?

No. I would like a trial followed by an execution.

Seriously, if the Royals ceased to do the job they do now (which is largely about keeping sentimal working class Sun raders and lower middle class Mail readers feeling patriotic, while attracting foreign tourists to London and Windsor), and started to campaign and influence political life, stepping out of line and becoming an annoyance, then they would be made to lose income and status.

I am not worried about George, no. As I said, I am neutral on the Royals. One day it may be time for them to go. Not this minute, though. We have more pressing things to worry about.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What happens if little George turns out to be a racist narcissist? Would you have liked a vote then?

I don't think many people would have voted for that, to be honest, but perhaps we should also have a vote to decide whether he's going to be straight or gay while we're at it.............

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How would you describe this then?

"looks like 'red' Simster has got the wrong end of several sticks this afternoon"

When clearly I haven't got the wrong end of any stick. It's just you don't happen to agree with me.

You called my comment 'stupid' then made some snidey comment about my not putting anyone on ignore for 5 minutes. I hadn't said anything strident or controversial. So what part of your reaction was not needlessly peevish? And now you are pasting in part of another post in reply to my reply. This is beginning to smell like stalking. I'm out.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
On this momentous day, the happy couple were delighted to receive a very special gift on behalf of all of NSC from an anonymous donor.

crodogift.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My sister has scoliosis - she had what looks like exactly the same procedure, a massive metal rod right down her spine. So too does my daughter, and she's likely to have the same thing done when she's 20ish (when she stops growing), so I think I know more than you about how scoliosis can impact lives.

And I'm telling you, you're overplaying it. She works in an art gallery for precisely the reason [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION] says. My sister on the other hand, works bloody hard, and my daughter has the same ethic.

I'm not envious of the rich, I'm annoyed that so many people simply don't question the necessity for a royal family in this country. You don't need to be jumping in at every perceived sleight at the royal family.

Fair comment. My sister in law has it too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

My scoliosis (undiagnosed) hasn't made physical jobs hard to find, just hard to do, although that hasn't stopped me doing them

If only I could have used my disability to land a job in an art gallery.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don't think many people would have voted for that, to be honest, but perhaps we should also have a vote to decide whether he's going to be straight or gay while we're at it.............

Well, that’ll make it interesting in terms of who bakes his birthday cakes.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
w
Absolutely none. Sorry, what point are you trying to make?

I was replying to your quote saying instead of having a royal family we should elect someone with the same set of limited powers (so in essence, no powers)

I wonder whats the point of doing that - or if you saying that they will have more powers than the current queen, then it will definitely become a politicised role

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
It's funny, you're quick enough to bandy around the concept of democracy on the Brexit thread.

Or perhaps May should just ignore the referendum result because she personally believes she is right over the EU and the majority was wrong?

This pushes me to think firstly "What is Democracy" and secondly "Is democracy a good thing". The second question in particular being something that more intelligent people than me have struggled with for centuries, nay, millenia.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here