Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Agree, Hemed maybe starting but he was unlucky last year. He was playing very well and from memory was suspended and never got back in.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Any idea if he's training?
Did he?
Any idea why the change?

- Both Andone and Locadia are in training now but didn't feature against Nantes because Hughton is "managing" Andone's minutes due to lingering groin issue. And Locadia because only just back in training.
- Andone did make his debut and played 45 mins v Nice.
- Dunk was rested for Nice and then returned to play 90 mins v Nantes.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Fitness / Injuries Post Nantes

Murray ("whack in the back") - Back for Watford. - Hughton - ""We are very confident about Watford. He (Murray) took a whack in his back in training yesterday and probably tonight came too soon.
"He put himself up for the game, felt he would be fine. There were little signs in the warm-up when he said he was still feeling it a little bit.
"Then it was obvious early in the game that he was struggling a bit. It's disappointing, we probably needed a couple of days, but I'm quite sure he will be fine for next week."

Locadia - Returned to training Thursday.
Andone (groin) - Training. - "Florin we are just having to manage him a little bit. He came with an injury (groin), which we were aware of.
"He has been training, but we have just got to manage his minutes a little bit. What is more important is that we have [Locadia and Andone] fresh and available for a longer period."

Izquierdo - "minor fitness issue" - according to the Argus -

Quotes via :
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/163...ton-plays-down-injury-scare-for-glenn-murray/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Yup. My son saw him in Churchill Sq last week and said his knee was strapped.

He was at the Amex for the Nantes match at some point. His Insta had a picture of him in the dressing room.
The Argus reported yesterday that he had a "minor fitness issue". but no more detail.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
As it stands Tomer Hemed is our only fully fit striker.

True but we are likely to have 2 if not 3 or 4 strikers fit for Watford (according to Hughton), and we only play 1.
Also, thankfully, we have no long term injuries in the entire squad so all is not lost.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
True but we are likely to have 2 if not 3 or 4 strikers fit for Watford (according to Hughton), and we only play 1.
Also, thankfully, we have no long term injuries in the entire squad so all is not lost.

Quite so Jem and we’re in a much better position if we have some injuries this season due to the squad strengthening over the summer. We know that a fit Murray is still a real handful and will score goals. But we really need one of Andone and Locadia ( preferably both) to hit the ground running and the evidence so far of niggling injuries and therefore lack of match fitness, is a worry.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
As it stands Tomer Hemed is our only fully fit striker.

Whilst not ideal at least the injuries to the others are all short term.
Also I wouldn't mind if Hemed did start against Watford - he must know his chances will be limited so would expect him to bust a gut to make the most of an unexpected chance (Which he did last year until being unfortunately suspended)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Whilst not ideal at least the injuries to the others are all short term.
Also I wouldn't mind if Hemed did start against Watford - he must know his chances will be limited so would expect him to bust a gut to make the most of an unexpected chance (Which he did last year until being unfortunately suspended)

Funnily enough, Hemed was our only fit striker for Watford last season. He, along with AK, both struck the post after Britos' horrific challenge.
Tomer never lets you down. Murray fit enough to come on for final 30 sounds like.
But let's get Locadia and Andone fit and firing quickly.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Let’s not forget that although he’s only 20, Gyokeres has been on the bench and scored against Nice I believe the other day...

If we only have Hemed fit, from our ‘25’ then I would love for Gyokeres to get the chance to shine hopefully in a premier league game

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe we should learn from Tomer's fitness regime. I don't think I can remember when he wast last injured (and the season 2 years ago?) where he played nearly every minute.

It's starting to look like extending his contract was a good move. He will do a good job against Watford if called upon:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Andone (groin) - Training. - "Florin we are just having to manage him a little bit. He came with an injury (groin), which we were aware of.
"He has been training, but we have just got to manage his minutes a little bit.
Mmm, bit of a worry.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Maybe we should learn from Tomer's fitness regime. I don't think I can remember when he wast last injured (and the season 2 years ago?) where he played nearly every minute.

It's starting to look like extending his contract was a good move. He will do a good job against Watford if called upon:thumbsup:

He'll need to be the unsung hero v Watford, and have the support of Knocky and co for the other goal avenues.
It'll be tough this coming Saturday, but it's where we start our second season :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here