Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Seagullwedgee will be on in a minute saying he didn’t say which day at 9.35 am the announcement would be made and we are stupid for thinking it was today [emoji849].

So far, on this thread, he has said:

Was at the training ground Monday morning - Nope
Had 80% of medical Monday - Nope
Leicester had spoiled the party on Monday - Nope
Spent Monday night in the UK - Nope
Transfer was embargoed - Nope
Announced at 9.30 - Nope x2

So, he's been consistent at least.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
It’s fact I’m afraid, he was in Lancing before 10am this morning. Mock all you like, it is fact.

And it is fact that a deal had been negotiated for LD. If he has since used that to leverage a better wage then so be it, but those are the facts. Not seeking publicity. Just trying to share what I hear.

I also know for a fact that LD had never been in negotiations to leave. I know this because LDs brother told me. What is it that makes you want to tell fibs. Please stop it now. Its embarrassing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also, every time the ball comes at him on his left I have palpatations.
Great isn't it.

Who would have guessed an unheard of free transfer could be so much fun in the Premier League.

Although Dwayne is rapidly becoming one of the few posters on here who clearly don't associate the word 'fun' with anything connected to the Albion, which is a shame.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's odd to single out Schelotto in games where the team was poor, really poor.

He was all but unplayable in that Chelsea game, I think the same applies to the Arsenal match as well.

You're correct that a right back shouldn't effect the game but he did and if the team, and let's not forget the managers tactics, were half as good as he was that day, it most definitely wouldn't have been a 0-4 scoreline.

There is definitely a body of opinion that blames the formation for the 4-0 defeat by Chelsea, but I've watched the game again and I can't agree. For the first goal, Suttner failed to cut out a cross and a mis-hit clearance fell kindly for Hazard. The second goal was great individual play by Chelsea but helped by poor tracking of their men by our players. We had the best of the next hour but were denied two penalties that would have been awarded on another day. Then further errors by Duffy and then Suttner distorted the score even more. The formation actually worked well in allowing Schelotto to get forward.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leon Balogun plays (CB and) right back :thumbsup:

Just a purely gut reaction based on looks but I think he’s too big in frame to be a nippy full back like we like to play with. Remember West Brom last season at the Amex where they basically had 4 massive CBS playing across the back 4 - ugly and doesn’t work imo. But I will reserve judgement of course.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
There is definitely a body of opinion that blames the formation for the 4-0 defeat by Chelsea, but I've watched the game again and I can't agree. For the first goal, Suttner failed to cut out a cross and a mis-hit clearance fell kindly for Hazard. The second goal was great individual play by Chelsea but helped by poor tracking of their men by our players. We had the best of the next hour but were denied two penalties that would have been awarded on another day. Then further errors by Duffy and then Suttner distorted the score even more. The formation actually worked well in allowing Schelotto to get forward.

There was nothing necessarily wrong with the formation itself, but the players looked completely lost at the start of the game, having not yet settled into that formation, and were all over the place. Before we knew it, we were 2-0 down.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Just a purely gut reaction based on looks but I think he’s too big in frame to be a nippy full back like we like to play with. Remember West Brom last season at the Amex where they basically had 4 massive CBS playing across the back 4 - ugly and doesn’t work imo. But I will reserve judgement of course.

Based on the little I've seen of him, he's definitely not a full back. It's abit like saying Goldson can play as FB, which he did on a couple of occasions and it looked very awkward for him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So why is Naylor currently saying 5 year contract, subject to Medical?

Je ne comprende pas

I'm guessing it wasn't completed last night or wasn't even done when he was at the centre.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Won't be long now then .

giphy (27).gif

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Andy Naylor this morning has already said the deal is subject to a medical, the player was seen outside a hospital yesterday afternoon that Albion doctors are known to work in while the team were at Charlton for a friendly which would have involved some of the staff who would carry out the rest of the medical.

My take on it is he was at Spire Montefiore for an MRI which a radiologist would need to report on, which probably won't be done until today (its not an emergency after all so there wouldn't have been the need for a call out). That report will be passed to the club Doctor to read. Meanwhile he will now take part in the physical part of the medical at the training centre.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
After what happened to Goldson and then the failed fitness tests last year we won’t rush these things and are very careful. He probably had an MRI last night and the rest of the test may be this morning. Hopefully some good news later....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here