Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Have we ever had a keeper as good as he has been for us this season?

Corrigan past his best when he got here, always like Digweed, Moseley and Keeley but none of them were in Stockdale's class.

I've supported this club since 1980 and I don't think we've had a better keeper than Stockdale this season.
Started a couple of years earlier but entirely agree - can't think of any better than Stockers :thumbsup:

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Corrigan was still good when he was with us, great pen save up at Chelsea as I remember?? This season Stockdale has been outstanding and probably the best over a single season. Best goalkeeper I have seen up to now was Beeney, he just didn't have a weakness. Commanded the area, great on crosses and a great shot stopper. Keeley was probably the best shot stopper I have seen, anyone remember a game up at Peterboro one boxing day? It was reflex save after reflex save.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

Corrigan past his best when he got here, always like Digweed, Moseley and Keeley but none of them were in Stockdale's class.

I've supported this club since 1980 and I don't think we've had a better keeper than Stockdale this season.

We trust in Nicky Rust.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I think my dad (who is a bit of a Stockdale critic) summed it up over Christmas when he said 'a couple of seasons ago we thought PIG was an amazing keeper'. When you compare him to what we have now it simply doesn't compare. Yes he makes mistakes but to be honest I would rather have him than a certain keeper that signed for a club in Manchester in the summer for a ridiculous fee.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Stockdale has saved us more points, then any outfield player has won us by scoring, since he has been our number one.

Those stats are backed up and proved by booze consumption in my noggin.

But I bet its not far from the truth.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Brian Powney I loved. And the former Dutch Marine (chef) was great.

Unfortunately he was a bit of a ****, but the P.I.G. was by far and away our best evr keeper.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That double save from the pen was one of the best moments from an Albion keeper I have ever seen. The sheer agility and reflexes he showed to get up and get enough on that rebound to squeak it past the opposite post was phenomenal. As an opposition fan, your head is just in your hands at moments like that. He had absolutely no right to make that save.

Its not just saves like that though, its his distribution. Less in evidence tonight, because we didn't have Baldock leading the line and stretching the defences. But time and time again Stockdale just ARROWS his drop-kicks 60-70 yards into the path of someone (usually Baldock) making a run. It turns defence into attack in an instant, and is SUCH an asset to us.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I think the save from the rebound was world class, he had no right to get back over there, but most 'keepers can pull something out of the bag occasionally and he is still prone to more than a few mistakes which may still prove costly

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

yep , you are totally . right

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Eric Steele was pretty handy (haven't read through this).

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
We are lucky to have had some great keeper but for me it is Stockdale's distribution which cements him as best I have seen. It bothers me that (unless I am mistaken) he is out of contract at end of season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think it may be touch and go with some of the other keepers mentioned but when you add Stockdales distribution it puts him ahead for me.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Penalty save was good, but the follow up save was magic - wonderful stuff

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Still Beeney for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here