Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridiculous Game - Thoughts from an Owl

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's a bit steep fella, yes a bad tackle and in the heat of battle, but something very bad happening to him... No life's too short for that....

Calm down, no one died and the best team won just...

I'm not wishing death and destruction upon him and his family, I meant in the footballing sense.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Something I enjoyed tonight, which is unlikely to happen again, when we had an attacking set piece we had Knockaert lining it up and Hemed, Murray, Dunk, Duffy and Goldson all in the box. That is a threat!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair play you guys completely deserved that win.
Generous, thanks.

The game itself was fairly even with you guys shading it, then obviously the penalty changed the game. Wasn't a red but was a clear penalty.
Most Brighton fans seem to think red was correct, but I thought he denied a face smashing opportunity, rather than a goal, so I though just a pen.

Hutchinson was beyond that... I got my leg broken as a youth in a similar tackle to that and therefore can not feel anything other than disgusted and let down. That... after I'd built him up before the game.
I haven't seen the replay of this yet, need to look.

On a side note, what is it with so many Wednesday fans being so nice?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Most Brighton fans seem to think red was correct, but I thought he denied a face smashing opportunity, rather than a goal, so I though just a pen.

I haven't seen the replay of this yet, need to look.

I agree. Also haven't seen it on the tellybox yet, but certainly seemed like self preservation to me. Pen yes. Red no.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The Hutchinson tackle was an absolute disgrace against a young pro who has only just come back from a year out through injury.

****ing disgusting. He deserves something very bad happening to him.

Missed the last 10 minutes can you post a link to it please [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

theboybilly

At 1-1, down to 10 men and facing a penalty who of us wouldn't have taken that draw there and then? I was waiting for a Wednesday onslought and though Carvalho had set them up with his substitutions to administer the Coup de Grace. But it just didn't come and Albion grew more confident. But the Owls aren't a bad side and will take points off those around them. I thought Forestieri's cross for the goal was excellent and Beach was their best player, ghosting in from all over the place. I know Wednesday fans are losing faith a bit with their manager but I think he's on the right track.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[MENTION=34364]CarlosTheOwl[/MENTION], there is a lot of angst on Owlstalk about McManaman, and how he is a walking red card.

He had to dragged away by one of his team-mates after a bust-up with Knocky, about three minutes after coming on. I thought then that there was someone with anger issues.

Good assessment by Carlos. I thought Wednesday looked good for most of the game - impressed with Bannan - but I can't recall many sides who have lost their heads so completely. They could have had even more reds, they just seemed to lose all sense of control

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Had it then threw it away. Absolutely fuming with the team and some individuals were a disgrace at the end. Fair play you guys completely deserved that win. We were our own worst enemy tonight and that's the first time I've ever seen that from us.

The game itself was fairly even with you guys shading it, then obviously the penalty changed the game. Wasn't a red but was a clear penalty. The fantastic double save from Stockdale should've really kicked us on but we were tame and didn't drive forward enough. You stayed strong and in shape and countered well and with quality. We lost our heads and your revenge was complete. Fletcher was just stupid with the experience he has. Hutchinson was beyond that... I got my leg broken as a youth in a similar tackle to that and therefore can not feel anything other than disgusted and let down. That... after I'd built him up before the game.

It is an underestimated asset to have such a strong team game. Maybe one day we'll get it right.

Let the mockery ensue.

At 1-1...
Down to ten men....
Our top scorer sent off...
And Sheffield Wednesday place the ball on the spot for a penalty....

And then you totally lost the plot...

Thanks for posting. Very magnanimous of you...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another epic match �� Sheffield Wed tonight. A match chock full of incident with Knocky the difference between the sides.

Wednesday look a decent shout for the playoffs but are clearly three or four players short and spunking money on the likes of Fletcher won't help.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Wish I'd stayed up for it now, what a result.
Will have to check and see which game Murray misses, hope we don't suffer as a result.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nobody will openly mock an away fan who posts decent stuff mate & is level headed and honest. Interesting you say Murray shouldn't have seen red as we have split opinion on the other thread.

Whilst Murray was really only trying to protect his face and it was not deliberate, it was a red. Hopefully only one game, move on

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reading owlsonline, they all seem to think we're a one man team, conveniently ignoring the fact we have the 2nd top scorer in the league and comfortably the best defence in the league. Last night they played an under-par Albion missing 4 first teamers, and going down to 10 men for a fair chunk of the game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indiscipline after our second goal probably cost Weds a point last night. Too many of their players lost it after the goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reading owlsonline, they all seem to think we're a one man team, conveniently ignoring the fact we have the 2nd top scorer in the league and comfortably the best defence in the league. Last night they played an under-par Albion missing 4 first teamers, and going down to 10 men for a fair chunk of the game.

Not to mention the fact that we also have the best manager but clearly not the best fans :wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Had it then threw it away. Absolutely fuming with the team and some individuals were a disgrace at the end. Fair play you guys completely deserved that win. We were our own worst enemy tonight and that's the first time I've ever seen that from us.

The game itself was fairly even with you guys shading it, then obviously the penalty changed the game. Wasn't a red but was a clear penalty. The fantastic double save from Stockdale should've really kicked us on but we were tame and didn't drive forward enough. You stayed strong and in shape and countered well and with quality. We lost our heads and your revenge was complete. Fletcher was just stupid with the experience he has. Hutchinson was beyond that... I got my leg broken as a youth in a similar tackle to that and therefore can not feel anything other than disgusted and let down. That... after I'd built him up before the game.

It is an underestimated asset to have such a strong team game. Maybe one day we'll get it right.

Let the mockery ensue.

Spot on. Murray was a red though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here