Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple Brexit

albionite

May 20, 2009
I see apple have increased their ap store purchases by 25% this morning blaming it on brexit.:annoyed:

I wonder if their greed has gone a little too far and will see their profits drop or will people just keep spending?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Brexit? or the fall in the pound against the dollar?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
People will learn......

main-qimg-babad63a1160d87acd9a03c07075e1a5.png

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I see apple have increased their ap store purchases by 25% this morning blaming it on brexit.:annoyed:

I wonder if their greed has gone a little too far and will see their profits drop or will people just keep spending?

I work for a company that, among other things, imports intangible products from the US (Microsoft Licenses) and sells in GBP. I find it very difficult to believe it is pure corporate greed that has pushed this price increase. The strength of the pound has made the process of importing and selling extremely difficult.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone wanna link this to the Brexit thread, so all the disbelievers of increasing prices can say it just won't happen?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I have many gripes with Apple but chief among these is that THE NEW FIREWIRE CHARGING CABLES DON'T WORK PROPERLY.

Such a simple thing to get right yet I have loads of unreliable cables that might charge my phone, or they might not.

Oh, and AirDrop is hopeless almost all of the time. Seems to only work when the stars are in a particular alignment.

Thinking of defecting to Samsung.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Given that the leavers voted to be poorer they will no doubt continue to spend as they were fully aware of higher inflation would be a by product of leaving the EU.

Apple are just the first of many to announce price increases this year

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brexit? or the fall in the pound against the dollar?

currency drop ~15%. price increase 25%. so im going with using an event to increase profit margins.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Is this the same Apple that has $215 billion stashed in offshore havens? it just sits there because they don't want to pay tax on it

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Much happier with my Vodafone Smart (HTC rip-off)-it cost a small fraction of the i-phone equivalent and has much better battery life.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is this the same Apple that has $215 billion stashed in offshore havens? it just sits there because they don't want to pay tax on it

That's a different Apple, Apple Ltd of Ireland.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here