Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones blasts Portsmouth fans

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Jonesy laying into Portsmouth fans today after they booed one of his players who broke their leg.

Saying that they show a lack of class and are a total disgrace

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This one is a toughie. If ever there was a game you'd want both teams to lose, it was this one. I hate Pompey, but then again I hate Luton too (although not quite as much).

Jones losing his rag in this manner is laughable. Firstly, everyone knows that Portsmouth have "the best fans in the world" so I'm struggling to believe that they knew the extent of the injury. Secondly, this is Nathan Jones we're talking about. Does anyone remember Jones taking a dive for a penalty at Yeovil during Micky Adams hapless second term in charge? Or celebrating wildly in front of the travelling Albion fans when scoring for them, almost as if he'd left our club acrimoniously? Seriously, if anyone is in a position to lecture about a lack of class, it isn't him.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
McGeehan has posted a picture of himself (with Jonah) this morning, lying in hospital with his leg in plaster.

(some) Pompey fans are even responding to that with abuse.

#twats

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was very unhappy at Derby fans booing Calde for 'faking injury' when he had blood running down his face, and later in the match, booing off Solly March as he laid on a stretcher with a cruciate lignament injury.

Maybe I'm soft, but when I see an opposition player with a serious injury going off, I applaud them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
McGeehan has posted a picture of himself (with Jonah) this morning, lying in hospital with his leg in plaster.

(some) Pompey fans are even responding to that with abuse.

#twats

Absolute pricks post shìt on Twitter shock.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Nathan Jones blasts Portsmouth fans #twats

Portsmouth fans showed a lack of "class" towards Cameron McGeehan after he broke his leg in Monday's match, according to Luton boss Nathan Jones.

Hatters midfielder McGeehan was injured early on during Pompey's 1-0 win.

"He's a young, talented kid that works hard, grafts, doesn't go down but the booing him off and cheering is an absolute disgrace," said Jones.

"When anyone gets carried off on a stretcher, I don't care who you are, you show an element of class."

He continued: "They showed what type of fans they were."

Pompey fans reportedly sang "you're going home in an ambulance" to the 21-year-old, who has scored 11 goals in 28 matches for League Two side Luton this term.

Portsmouth chose not to respond directly to Jones' comments, but a spokesman said everyone at the club sends their best wishes to McGeehan for a full and speedy recovery.

McGeehan was also shown a yellow card by the referee while on the stretcher after pounding the floor in pain or frustration.

Jones told BBC Three Counties Radio: "The referee showed a lack of understanding and empathy, maybe, but I'm just disappointed for the kid.

"Hopefully he'll recover quickly and be back sooner rather than later but it's a real travesty for the boy and obviously disappointing for us."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38495434

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Reading through twitter, many Pompey fans seemed to be accusing McGeehan of abusing the medical staff and spitting.
Both sets of fans seemed to be acting like twats, with only a minority seemingly capable of forming a legible sentence without abuse, but then again this was on twitter so what do you expect...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here