Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of Your Working Year?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Have just emailed a Client Final Report & Invoice for the year, got some admin clean-up I could do next week (Sort out VAT Return etc.) but I am essentially done for work until 3rd of January.

My biggest Client has a similar shut down which is a pain as I have a backlog of work to do on various sites for them which will now have to be done in January.

Is anyone else having such a long break or are you doing stuff next week? I'm not absolutely sure I want / need / can afford such a big break! ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have just emailed a Client Final Report & Invoice for the year, got some admin clean-up I could do next week (Sort out VAT Return etc.) but I am essentially done for work until 3rd of January.

My biggest Client has a similar shut down which is a pain as I have a backlog of work to do on various sites for them which will now have to be done in January.

Is anyone else having such a long break or are you doing stuff next week? I'm not absolutely sure I want / need / can afford such a big break! ???

My work never ends. I have 5 chapters of a book to go through among other things (this is a co-authored text book, and my co-author signed off all the chapters without my approval, and we are now having to make further corrections; unfortunately he has a poor eye for grammar, and the meaning of words, and consistency and editing, which is not the best thing when the tome is a 300 page rant about reproduciblity in biomedical research; I am getting angry again . . . .just . . . thinking about it). :wrong:

However I will not go 'back in' to the office till January. Lots of family tio visit and stuff to do. I'm very fortunate.

I hope everyone on NSC has the best possible Christmas thay can; I know its really tough for some.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nope, next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the sweat shop for me. Although that will be end of contract too, so I'll have the following week off :smile:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Taking one day off next week to visit family but working the other two. I actually don't mind it - after a nice four day break, a few days work with hardly any meetings/emails/interruptions is a great chance to get stuff cleared up. Will work from home too so days will be more relaxed.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
My last day today, I think 4 will be the very latest I'll be here, even though my company doesn't close down, even open Christmas day! I'm not in a customer facing role so don't need to be here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I always take the Xmas week off and return on the 2nd. So this year it's a full two weeks off.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I'm working until 3pm today, and then we're off out for our Christmas meal this evening. Then no more work until 3rd January 2017!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I always take the Xmas week off and return on the 2nd. So this year it's a full two weeks off.

How on earth will you get a productive economy behaving like this? :wink:

Seriously Happy Christmas Herr T, I know we cross swords often but I'm sure we would enjoy a Beer if we met up... :kiss:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How on earth will you get a productive economy behaving like this? :wink:

Seriously Happy Christmas Herr T, I know we cross swords often but I'm sure we would enjoy a Beer if we met up... :kiss:

If me and [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] can meet up for an enjoyable beer anything is possible in this world!

Thanks and same to you; one day we will have a beer I'm sure. :thumbsup:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Finishing lunchtime today until 3rd Jan. Bring it on :banana:

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I started a new job in retail 11 weeks ago and am working on Boxing day from 14:00 to 18:00. A first for me. I could do without that, but didn't decline the 20% staff discount in the food hall earlier this morning.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Work in Pharmaceutical industry and we're a worldwide company with sites operating in Asia etc (countries that don't celebrate Christmas) so were 365 days a year although we do get Xmas and boxing day off but in again 28th.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here