Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The offer is good but insufficient for mouth. HARD.

First sentence written by HB&B; second by Enrest. Plus the overall ambiguity = BHAFC are defiantly in for him. It'll cost us only about £1m too. Or £5m. Or 8. Or possibly 11 or 13. Or pesos. Or dollars.

Nailed on. Weir whine.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am struggling to believe that my team is willing and able to spend 10 million dollars plus wages on top of what has already been spent this close season. I need another lie down and I've only just got up.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The tweets say the offer we've made isn't good enough but we're going to return with another offer on Monday.

It seems like they're willing to cash in but would a player like this come to a second division team? Guess we'll find out soon. Probably after Bristol City come in a with 10 million pound offer and he ends up there.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The tweets say the offer we've made isn't good enough but we're going to return with another offer on Monday.

It seems like they're willing to cash in but would a player like this come to a second division team? Guess we'll find out soon. Probably after Bristol City come in a with 10 million pound offer and he ends up there.

If the offer isn't good enough why would Boca want it 'in writing'. It's obviously close to their valuation or perhaps they want a big sell on % etc.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

naylor says we have upped offer to 10m somethings - the first time ever i really want to believe him!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

First sentence written by HB&B; second by Enrest. Plus the overall ambiguity = BHAFC are defiantly in for him. It'll cost us only about £1m too. Or £5m. Or 8. Or possibly 11 or 13. Or pesos. Or dollars.

Nailed on. Weir whine.

If Calleri and Manu both sign then i demand that TIMMY interviews them immediately in "English" without an interpreter and then has to write it up verbatim. It should keep him busy for most of the season and prevent those tiresome Saturday morning threads from appearing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

If it all goes to plan he would only be in the championship for one season I would imagine he would have a wage increase tied into the contract if we were to be promoted. IF He played well and we missed out he would go for around £20m anyway its a good gamble either way.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Nailed on. Weir whine.

Most players are signed for an "undisclosed " fee
we could be in line to sign the first ever "completely confused" fee

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Having stayed in Argentina, they always refer to the Peso as the Dollar. If talking about the US Dollar they always say USD or $US. I am probably wrong, but all the stuff I have read over the past 24 hours only Dollar or $ has been used. Maybe Naylor needs to ask the question with his sources?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Not sure about Bristol City - Steve's had enough of being blown out:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34075125

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
When Carlos Tevez was transferred from Boca to Corinthians for 16 million dollars, it was reported widely ad $US16 million. IE they made a point of stating it was US dollars. Could just be lazy journalism either way with the reports here!

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I don't know what the confusion is here. No club in the world is going to let a 21 year old with his goalscoring record go for less than £1 million, the figures quoted are in US Dollars.

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
The figures are paltry in pesos. Tony is negotiating in Pesos, Boca are haggling in U.S. Dollar.

It is all rather incredible - imagine Maradona taking an interest in the mighty Albion if the lad signed!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The Transfer Market website had his value at £5.75 million at 15 July 2015, so looks like it is US dollars after all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here