Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name my nino

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
I used to know a couple of Spanish guys when I was working in a circus..which is a story for another time, one was called Hosito (known as Joe) the other was Jago (known as Jay) - may help or may not, congratulations by the way!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Congratulations MB!

We had the naming fun 4.5 months ago. We went through any number of names that sounded great and then after a while started sounding more and more crap.

As a result it wasn't until about 2 nights before he arrived that we came up with a name.

The middle name was sorted early doors due to is allowing the eldest to chose and it was immediately Jamie (after Mr. Murphy). But the first names just kept on getting changed.

We ended up with Jordan Jamie which I really like and he can have a 'fun nickname' of JJ which was part of my wife's requirements.

Congratulations again and enjoy him no matter what he is called.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
^^^^^

Similar to my lad born in 1986 - the year of Halley's Comet - so if it was a girl the name was Haley or a variation on the spelling.

Turned out to be a boy so my dad's name is James (my middle name) and mine is Robert so we named him James Robert or JR for short - at a time when Dallas was at its height of popularity.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Jose = Joe/Joseph

Ole!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Sid, as in El Sid. Ok, so the Spanish spell it El Cid, but phonetically it's the same. Translates as 'The Lord', he was a famous Spanish military dude.

Bias choice as my youngest is called Sid (Sidney).

Mucho congrats by the way! :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sid, as in El Sid. Ok, so the Spanish spell it El Cid, but phonetically it's the same. Translates as 'The Lord', he was a famous Spanish military dude.

Bias choice as my youngest is called Sid (Sidney).

Mucho congrats by the way! :thumbsup:

Charlton Heston was brilliant in the film.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here