Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have You Ever Discovered a Musical Artist you Like as a Result of them Dying?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What exactly do you have against Freddie Mercury and, in the face of all the evidence to the contrary, what has prompted you to make a fool of yourself on two separate threads? An opinion is one thing, but declaring one of the world's greatest singers average as a statement of fact is frankly dumb.

To be fair his Mercury opinion is now more of a gag than a discussion point. I don't agree with [MENTION=5203]OzMike[/MENTION] but I do now expect his one liner whenever there's a singer, Queen, music discussion.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
To be fair his Mercury opinion is now more of a gag than a discussion point. I don't agree with [MENTION=5203]OzMike[/MENTION] but I do now expect his one liner whenever there's a singer, Queen, music discussion.
Thanks Herr T. Must admit that during my travels around NSC, I hadn't noticed this fine example of the one liner before. However, he has kindly let me know in a separate post that I am the idiot with a sense of humour bypass, so I'll certainly look out for more examples of his comedy talent in future.:wink:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I went to The Funky Fish a couple of days after Nina Simone threw a seven and they played a few of her songs that I wasn't familiar with. I had a couple of her albums and gave them a proper listen the following day and realised I had overlooked an incredible talent. Over the following months I got pretty much every studio album and a couple of live recordings. Now firmly one of my favourite artists.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Eva Cassidy died before finding fame.The girl could sing anything.A great talent sadly extinguished by cancer.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I went to The Funky Fish a couple of days after Nina Simone threw a seven and they played a few of her songs that I wasn't familiar with. I had a couple of her albums and gave them a proper listen the following day and realised I had overlooked an incredible talent. Over the following months I got pretty much every studio album and a couple of live recordings. Now firmly one of my favourite artists.

sounds like an interesting person too. I'd like to read about her life (when I have more time)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here