Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Ffs this has ruined my day! I suppose no player is bigger than the club, hopefully we sign this highly rated Aussie keeper in the next few days.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I bet his wages & signing on fee are huge & a bulging back pocket thanks to Harry.

To be honest. He did a great job for us. Thanks Dave. But he's probably not quite premier league standard & he knows it. The additional analysis and scrutiny they get - he'd get slaughtered.

One of our best though. Onward & upward

Well, he was easily Premier League standard when he played in the Premier League and was called into the England squad. Barmy choice, and a real kick in the nuts for Leeds, I'd think.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My thoughts exactly on the England role. If Tom Heaton can be in the squad then that is a realistic target for Stockdale, especially with a world cup on the horizon.

Only takes an injury or two and he could have been 3rd choice keeper for England if he was playing regularly for us in the PL.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What an absolute idiot, will live to regret this decision I am sure. His options were-

* Chelsea number 2
* PL with Brighton
* Go to his boyhood club Leeds to see out his career

He chooses Brum who just stayed up on the last day, shit city and in the Championship. Even if they are throwing $$$ at him it is still career suicide. The VERY BEST he could achieve in the next year is to be in exactly the same position he is right now. Ridiculous decision.

And if moneybags Brum somehow do get promoted, they will DEFINITELY stick with a keeper turning 33 that has one season of top-flight experience (in which he was relegated).

Bonkers.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Birmingham?? F***ing hell.

Whatever happened to that "family comes first" tweet? They must be paying fortunes because I am currently spending a huge amount of time working there and can confirm it's still a shithole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Stockdale can't save Birmingham then!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Money talks

Bullshit walks
CMJ6ytGWoAAnpfu.jpg

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Just logging on to note my surprise at this.

Why did he want to leave? Seems odd that he would spend the last few seasons with you guys fighting to get to the Premier League, and when he's finally achieved it he drops back down?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just check out Twitter over the last few days. Maybe abuse is too strong a word but some of our fans on there really didn't paint themselves in a good light.

Reading a few bits randomly over several weeks and some of the stuff being said was disgraceful and you can see how it might help provide enough influence someone towards go rather than stay

I wish him well but i'm disappointed that he isn't staying and playing for us next season in the PL as i hoped he would

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And if moneybags Brum somehow do get promoted, they will DEFINITELY stick with a keeper turning 33 that has one season of top-flight experience (in which he was relegated).

Bonkers.

Very much this. At least he'll get a localish derby match with Burton Albion out of it, not forgetting Villa.

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville

Why did he want to leave? Seems odd that he would spend the last few seasons with you guys fighting to get to the Premier League, and when he's finally achieved it he drops back down?

He's just realised he's not prem ready [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Who knows, just surprised it's Birmingham.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He doesn't have to live there though. Could live half way between Brum and Leeds so easier for his family.

Disappointed he's gone but wish him well.

He has to work there though. That's bad enough. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here