Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations from a Charton fan + many others

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I know the history thanks as I was there, which is more that can be said for most of the Gimps on here.

Learn yours about the adverts Inside Brighton station.

There's a difference between what a club does and what its supporters do - don't you think?

I'm not going to argue with you (or anyone) on this day of all days. But the guy came on to wish us well - shouldn't we just appreciate his good wishes?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I read a lot of that thread and then realised it was from last season!

Great words from so many Charlton fans - brought a lump to my throat.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Maybe we'll advertise for fans from South London? Free coaches too.

Or maybe not.:tosser:

I get your reasons and their advertisements were distasteful and whoever on the board thought that was a good idea or funny was badly misguided.
However fans of Charlton or those I know condemned that and have always been a decent bunch. There is a dark place and I wish the fans all the best. We know we have been there.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I know the history thanks as I was there, which is more that can be said for most of the Gimps on here.

Learn yours about the adverts Inside Brighton station.

Ha ha. You think you're the only man who was in history. The man doth protest too much, methinks.

Ha ha. You think you're the only man who was in history. The man doth protest too much, methinks.

Where did I say anything about being the only one?

Plenty like me about who won't forget, but you just continue jerking yourself off at the praise.

DiscoCAFC

Apr 12, 2011
It ain't big I'll grant you that.

Got two kids and three grandkids though, so it at least works.

So you should be old enough to remember fans united but if you want to express your anger on something the majority of Charlton fans were against then it's up to you

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Cheers Disco. You are a good poster. Seen you on the Palace forums quite a bit ;-)

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Where did I say anything about being the only one?

Plenty like me about who won't forget, but you just continue jerking yourself off at the praise.

Blimey, if you are this cheerful when we get promotion, I would hate to think what you are like when we get relegated.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Congratulations from a Bournemouth fan too. So chuffed that you guys have made it into the Prem after being robbed last season. Looking forward to hopefully getting to a game that is five minutes drive from my house!

So you should be old enough to remember fans united but if you want to express your anger on something the majority of Charlton fans were against then it's up to you

I've already told you I am not only old enough but was there that foggy day.
And yes, it's up to me, and as it is up to me I'll continue to consider your fans and your club as a scourge.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Congratulations from a Bournemouth fan too. So chuffed that you guys have made it into the Prem after being robbed last season. Looking forward to hopefully getting to a game that is five minutes drive from my house!

My father is a Bournemouth supporter having been brought up in Christchurch. He told me the great stories of the Cup run of 1956-1957 when Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic (Division 3 South?) got to the Quarter Finals having knocked out Wolves containing Billy Wright in the 4th Round and then Spurs in the 5th Round. It was only United's Busby Babes (Colman, Edwards, Pegg, Taylor, etc.) that ended the run in the Quarter-Finals.

Living a couple of roads away from the Goldstone was always going to make Albion his 2nd team. Turning 82 in June, he'll be looking forward to seeing Cherries v Seagulls and vice versa in the Premier League. Unthinkable only a few years ago for both clubs.

merendesi

Apr 11, 2012
Watford fan here. Couldn't be happier for BHA to come and join us in the Premiership next season. Never heard a bad word about any of your fans and always an enjoyable day out at your new ground, especially the local ale. Many of us remember the day we got promoted after playing the early game at the Amex and the quality the Brighton fans showed in celebrating with us. Of all the clubs in the Championship this season I think Brighton would have been most peoples choice for promotion, closely followed by Fulham.

What can you expect next season? Forget all those wins and goals, season 1 is about survival, 40 is the magic number you're looking for. You'll lose a fair few of the regulars and get in highly paid players who don't care so much for the club. You'll see touts outside the ground and half/half scarf sellers. You'l see away fans in the home ends who don't understand about "fitting in". Tickets for matches will become like gold dust, (that's probably happening now to be fair). Tuesday night games are now a thing of the past and Sky will change your away games right after you've bought the train tickets. You'll also get one or two spankings.

Is it worth it? Bl**dy h*ll yes of course it is. Enjoy the party.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I've already told you I am not only old enough but was there that foggy day.
And yes, it's up to me, and as it is up to me I'll continue to consider your fans and your club as a scourge.

Everyone's entitled to express their opinion, just yours comes across as really sad. It's probably the timing, and the fact you're obviously aiming it at the wrong place.

But whatever floats your boat i guess....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here