Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My movie 'CAGE' - on Amazon Prime now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've seen the film on Prime - really enjoyed it!

First thing that hits you is the quality of the cinematography, every frame feels like added value to the film, from the woods, to the detail in the wood of the cage, loved the depth of field shots too. There is a real love in the composition and shooting which I am always a sucker for. Elements reminded me of the Stephen Doff film 'Brake' although this doesn't involve quite so many cheap tricks as that film, nevertheless the performance from the lead is every bit as impressive. It is amazing how much narrative you can glean about characters through so little dialogue.

Well done Gripper, shared, reviewed on Prime, and will be recommended. Also love your title graphics, a sucker for quality fontage too!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

First thing that hits you is the quality of the cinematography, every frame feels like added value to the film, from the woods, to the detail in the wood of the cage, loved the depth of field shots too. There is a real love in the composition and shooting which I am always a sucker for. Elements reminded me of the Stephen Doff film 'Brake' although this doesn't involve quite so many cheap tricks as that film, nevertheless the performance from the lead is every bit as impressive. It is amazing how much narrative you can glean about characters through so little dialogue.

Well done Gripper, shared, reviewed on Prime, and will be recommended. Also love your title graphics, a sucker for quality fontage too!

WOW! That's all very lovely mate. Thanks so much.

I shall share that with Lucy and Lucas.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
As Gripper says - the book is brilliant. Well worth a read.

My local club growing up as well so (as Gripper knows) I am very excited about the film!

The name jumped out at me as obviously i used to go shopping/swimming in the glades and also had many run ins with the Bromley boys as i was from Downham. I used to think I knew what gangs were until i started knocking about in Peckham etc :facepalm:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The name jumped out at me as obviously i used to go shopping/swimming in the glades and also had many run ins with the Bromley boys as i was from Downham. I used to think I knew what gangs were until i started knocking about in Peckham etc :facepalm:

Haha Bromley is definitely a place that seems to try and hammer out its own identity and then argue with anyone that questions it.

I'm from Biggin Hill but went to school in Hayes so watching Bromley was a pretty frequent night out on a Tuesday and spent the majority of my teens around Bromley being kind of part of it but still an outsider to the hardcore.

The Brighton connection didn't help!

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006

Also watched tonight and impressed.

Cinematography is lovely. I'm sure a lot on here also appreciated that Doncaster game footage too!

Make up/ set design also great.

Nothing overly new in the narrative (that's not a dig). Executed very well by yourself and same with the performance by the lead. Also a nice tie in with events of the day (attempt at a non spoiler).

I'd actually be keen to pick your brains about the 'Prime' experience versus other VOD platforms if I may be so bold...

Amyway, good stuff. Look forward to the next one...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Also watched tonight and impressed.

Cinematography is lovely. I'm sure a lot on here also appreciated that Doncaster game footage too!

Make up/ set design also great.

Nothing overly new in the narrative (that's not a dig). Executed very well by yourself and same with the performance by the lead. Also a nice tie in with events of the day (attempt at a non spoiler).

I'd actually be keen to pick your brains about the 'Prime' experience versus other VOD platforms if I may be so bold...

Amyway, good stuff. Look forward to the next one...
drop me a PM.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
OK it's that time again where I peddle my wares to the good people of NSC.

So if you have a Prime account my new movie CAGE is available for free so if you fancy watching a cool little thriller after we beat Blackburn then have a look - http://amzn.to/2oBhqDW

Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1zMw8QYhaw

Hope you enjoy it. If you do and could give it a shout on Social Media that'd be superb! With a Prime release it's very much a numbers game!!

I've not got amazon prime, any plans to spread it wider?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Watched it last night and enjoyed it, although I had a nagging thing about the cage throughout the whole film...

The cage was made of wood and the bars were not that thick. I reckon if she had laid on her back on the bed and kicked the a bar somewhere around the middle with the sole of her feet it would have broken sooner or later. If that wouldn't have worked directly, she had a fork and could, over a period of days, have picked at a bar in a single place to the point it was weak enough to break.

So for the whole film I found myself getting slightly annoyed that she didn't try either of these as it seemed obvious to me. If the cage had been metal then these wouldn't have been options and I wouldn't have dwelled on it!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Watched it last night and enjoyed it, although I had a nagging thing about the cage throughout the whole film...

The cage was made of wood and the bars were not that thick. I reckon if she had laid on her back on the bed and kicked the a bar somewhere around the middle with the sole of her feet it would have broken sooner or later. If that wouldn't have worked directly, she had a fork and could, over a period of days, have picked at a bar in a single place to the point it was weak enough to break.

So for the whole film I found myself getting slightly annoyed that she didn't try either of these as it seemed obvious to me. If the cage had been metal then these wouldn't have been options and I wouldn't have dwelled on it!

We considered it but decided the wood looked better on camera! Poncy film makers!

It was actually much more heavy duty than you'd think. I asked one of the crew (similar build to Lucy) to try and kick it down and she could not even get close after ten minutes of trying.

I agree though and a few people have mentioned it.

Glad you enjoyed it despite my wood problems. x

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We considered it but decided the wood looked better on camera! Poncy film makers!

It was actually much more heavy duty than you'd think. I asked one of the crew (similar build to Lucy) to try and kick it down and she could not even get close after ten minutes of trying.

I agree though and a few people have mentioned it.

Glad you enjoyed it despite my wood problems. x

As with your previous projects, I'm in complete awe that it's possible to put something like that together on what I think you've explained as pretty modest budgets. It's very impressive.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
As with your previous projects, I'm in complete awe that it's possible to put something like that together on what I think you've explained as pretty modest budgets. It's very impressive.

Cheers - Cage cost £19,000.

The Bromley Boys next. More money spent on that and therefore more pressure on it to be good! Out in September - hopefully in cinemas.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

3"x3" C24 timbers at 9"crs (set in the US so I'm going imperial) over a 7' vertical span. That is a tough break. I'll bring a length with me tonight, meet you outside the West Stand at 18.30 to see how you get on...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
3"x3" C24 timbers at 9"crs (set in the US so I'm going imperial) over a 7' vertical span. That is a tough break. I'll bring a length with me tonight, meet you outside the West Stand at 18.30 to see how you get on...

If the bar itself didn't break, the force of being repeatedly smashed in the middle may have weakened the joints at either end to the point of breaking.

And if she had tried, and failed, I think she could have picked fibres from a bar with the fork until it was weak enough to break.

But she didn't try! Women, eh?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here