Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Championship FIXTURES 10/11 Feb*

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I've put my ENTIRE £5 weekly betting budget on those 4 games, and my betting history suggests that there is NO CHANCE I will be collecting 85 smackers come tomorrow night.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The way the fixtures are set, my betting history would suggest narrow victories for the first 3 with Newcastle slipping up.
I'd happily take that, on the basis we get the right result.
:eek: It's a no from me. The odds of those 3 all winning is about 7/1, while we're 2-1 on. No way I'd take that, even for Newcastle dropping points.

Newcastle will start to get dragged towards the playoffs and I could see pressure starting to mount on Rafa if that happens.
If Newcastle collapse, sure that's good for us. But if they just stay with us and keep the chasing teams interested, I'm not even sure that's a good thing. Realistically we want a gap to 3rd and the teams below us settling from draws and aiming for the playoffs.

First and foremost we obviously want 3 points ourselves. Secondly, we hope the 3 chasing teams drop points. Newcastle dropping points is less of a priority.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
:eek: It's a no from me. The odds of those 3 all winning is about 7/1, while we're 2-1 on. No way I'd take that, even for Newcastle dropping points.

If Newcastle collapse, sure that's good for us. But if they just stay with us and keep the chasing teams interested, I'm not even sure that's a good thing. Realistically we want a gap to 3rd and the teams below us settling from draws and aiming for the playoffs.

First and foremost we obviously want 3 points ourselves. Secondly, we hope the 3 chasing teams drop points. Newcastle dropping points is less of a priority.

Only if you subscribe to the view that Newcastle are GUARANTEED a top two spot.

My view is that IF Huddersfield, Reading or Leeds go on a charge and overtake one of the top two, we want that to be Newcastle, not us!

Just as important that they drop points, IMO.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I've stuck a fiver on it. Hoping I don't collect tomorrow, but the winnings would pay for nice meal out with the better half.

For some strange reason, I can see Wolves getting a draw again Newcastle.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only if you subscribe to the view that Newcastle are GUARANTEED a top two spot.
Being a pedant of course they're not guaranteed top two, but this is all about us having the best chance, and the chances are very high that Newcastle will be top two, so I'm more interested in us gaining on the others. That gives us the best chance.

My view is that IF Huddersfield, Reading or Leeds go on a charge and overtake one of the top two, we want that to be Newcastle, not us!
Newcasele not us - right, so we want Newcastle to drop more points than us. No argument there. But taking Newcastle dropping 2 points for the other 3 dropping none, is a bad deal.
Just as important that they drop points, IMO.
I respect your right to be wrong :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Can't see past Leeds, Huddersfield and Reading all winning. Wolves could possibly do us a favour though.

C364uHCWAAApwjF.jpg

How about a game of opposition fans bingo?:whistle:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rhodes, one and a bit games, one goal and one assist for a winning goal.

Lucky we have a bit gap over Weds, they could join the party with the strikers they have

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here