Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hudds to hand 'arry a lifeline?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-statement-huddersfield-town-3723224.aspx

The regulation states that Clubs must play their ‘full strength’ side in all fixtures unless some satisfactory reason is given.

Having considered all matters, there is no doubt in the Board’s mind that Huddersfield Town could have fielded a ‘stronger’ team, but in the absence of a full and detailed definition of what constitutes ‘full strength’, there was sufficient scope for the Club to make a significant number of changes to its starting line-up.

As a result of Huddersfield’s interpretation of the current regulation, the Board has requested the EFL Executive to consider amendments to ensure that the actions of any individual Club cannot be seen to negatively impact the credibility and public perception of the competition.

Proposed revisions will be discussed with all 72 member Clubs at the EFL AGM in June.

EFL focusing on non issues as opposed to clubs dying on their arses throughout their 72 members.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Huddersfield finish third, and I mean this, they will be the worst team ever to do so at this level.
:lol:

I think we're one of the better sides the Championship has seen (as the division has continued to get stronger) and they were challenging us most of the way. Admittedly I didn't think they were good enough for top two, but there have been some very average third place teams over the years, including Reading this season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
:lol:

I think we're one of the better sides the Championship has seen (as the division has continued to get stronger) and they were challenging us most of the way. Admittedly I didn't think they were good enough for top two, but there have been some very average third place teams over the years, including Reading this season.

Palace the year they went up spring to mind, they were awful. Huddersfield were another class from that shower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here