Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Nah I stay off the A272 - inexplicably [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] trundles along that.

Alternatively

I didn't run [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] off the road, merely shouted abuse at him.
Well to be more precise, shouted abuse at his right knee - there ain't a court in the land that would convict me of that (certainly not after seeing the offending knee in action) :lolol:

I'd love to know what happened in the build up to that footage.
There's no way the cyclist would willingly take up such a suicidal road position.
I'd wager some tit for tat 'red mist' is involved.

As if by magic this pops up on Twitter:-

[tweet]819485232869113857[/tweet]

Although doesn't help the fella in the report as you can comfortably get 2 riders inside him.

My God!

That is almost exactly what [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] did to me. Only pushed my knee out in an effort to keep his red van at bay. Terrifying it was.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Now Froome is rammed off the road & followed onto the pavement by a motorist in France. Bike wrecked but luckily, & thankfully, he is unhurt.

Seems British roads arent the only ones full of anti cyclist car drivers. Seeing far too much of this type of incident in the media lately....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Anyway Team Bike, Team Van whatever. I'm Team Afternoon Off Watching the Giro. Hope it is a good one today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyway Team Bike, Team Van whatever. I'm Team Afternoon Off Watching the Giro. Hope it is a good one today.
I'm watching now but will probably have to wait to watch Etna.

I'm gutted not to have the Italian that's in the break, in my fantasy team.
That throwback tash deserves all the recognition it can get.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm watching now but will probably have to wait to watch Etna.

I'm gutted not to have the Italian that's in the break, in my fantasy team.
That throwback tash deserves all the recognition it can get.

Eugenio Alafaci. It is a beauty isn't it. He has got a truly shit haircut to go with it as well.

d6I152tT.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If you want to back the 'tache he is 150-1 on Bet365 in play...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you want to back the 'tache he is 150-1 on Bet365 in play...

He's gonna need a few more zeros on the end for me to take that bet.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Sorry to Rohan Dennis - didn't mean to put the curse on him.
BTW - I've just realised my Chinese team are skulking around in mid table obscurity. Hurrah!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Eurosport are doing a great job with the Giro coverage this year. Mainly because Carlton Kirby is not there, but I like Rob Hatch a lot, Brian Smith always talks sense too. Not convinced by Jonathan Edwards though, does not really know the lingo as yet, that is pretty important in my opinion if you are working on a cycling program.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:lolol: Rob Hatch just heavily implied that Sean Kelly said 'Alafaci is a shit climber'!

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Eurosport are doing a great job with the Giro coverage this year. Mainly because Carlton Kirby is not there, but I like Rob Hatch a lot, Brian Smith always talks sense too. Not convinced by Jonathan Edwards though, does not really know the lingo as yet, that is pretty important in my opinion if you are working on a cycling program.

I'm enjoying the live action today. I do yearn for a shorter highlights programme. I'm going to record the 1 hr show on Quest tomorrow evening to see if it satisfies my need for short highlights. Now for the big decision: do I make myself a cup of tea or coffee. Gah, it's always tea in the afternoons, but coffee when I'm in cycling mode.

Umm, are we expecting the GC chaps to have a bit of a go on Etna, or do we think it'll be cautious and defensive? My guess is Nibali will want to attack, the rest wont take the initiative.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I may be in the minority, but I like Carlton Kirby!

Agree though about the decent coverage - in fact, the sheer amount of coverage the sport is getting on ES this year is brilliant.
Nobody can call a finish like Kirby.

It's the previous 5 hours that make me want to stab forks into my ears.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm enjoying the live action today. I do yearn for a shorter highlights programme. I'm going to record the 1 hr show on Quest tomorrow evening to see if it satisfies my need for short highlights. Now for the big decision: do I make myself a cup of tea or coffee. Gah, it's always tea in the afternoons, but coffee when I'm in cycling mode.

Umm, are we expecting the GC chaps to have a bit of a go on Etna, or do we think it'll be cautious and defensive? My guess is Nibali will want to attack, the rest wont take the initiative.

Cross headwind apparently. Might turn in to a bit of a stale mate, with them all looking at each other, and no one really wants to ride in to Pink this early and try and defend it for two and a half weeks. That is why my punts, bar Landa, were for riders unlikely to win the GC.

Wish ITV were covering this TdF style for highlights. A show with Imlach, Boardman and Millar is always a good one. Especially if they have Matt Rendell getting all up in everyone's grill with the interviews as well.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
They went the wrong way. :eek:

Really badly marked course there. When they showed the shot from the rear there was no indication of what way they were supposed to go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here