Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Knockaert get anything right tonight?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The ref didn't want to hand out second yellow cards. Emmanuel was already on a yellow card but committed as bad a foul in the second half conceding a free kick, but the ref bottled it.

I wouldnt argue with that but if he had been pushed and did it 3 or 4 times the ref would have had no choice. It is clear to see that he went mad with cards in the first 45 mins then as you say chickened out in the 2nd.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
AK is like a peter pan. He acts like a child, when it doesn't go his way that's it. A little maturity in his play and he'd become a far more effective player. Don't get wrong I love his attacking attributes but he is self centred and his ability to read the game is so naive.

As many have alluded too, if he was better with this he wouldn't be playing with us!

Last night and especially Huddersfield proved this.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's your memory playing tricks with you.

Last 12 league fixtures: P12 W8 D2 L2 (Draw percentage: 16.6%)
Previous 19 league fixtures: P19 W11 D4 L2 (Draw percentage: 21.0%)

You didn't quite follow what I was saying there. I had the Villa game in mind as the last draw we had before the one at Brentford, neglecting the Cardiff no-score away fixture. After Villa, we went on a run of W8 D1 L2 (draw percentage: 9%). In that run, and beyond Cardiff, we did forget how to draw, and we've now had two in three.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I do feel sorry for him as their is so much pressure on him to perform and create.

I think Murphy, Skalak, Stephens, Sidwell, Norwood and Kayal could all contribute more from a goalscoring point of view which would help.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I do feel sorry for him as their is so much pressure on him to perform and create.

I think Murphy, Skalak, Stephens, Sidwell, Norwood and Kayal could all contribute more from a goalscoring point of view which would help.

Go along with that. From memory:
-- our defence has scored four (Duffy and Dunk, two each), that's none by the full-backs, and a pretty poor return for two CB beasts in the air
-- CM has contributed a grand total of three goals all season (Stephens two, Sidwell exocet)
-- out-wide, Solly has actually now chipped in with one bringing him level with Murphy, and eclipsing Skalak -- that's a shocking return from the latter two given the minutes they've played

Don't think we've scored direct from a free kick yet this season, either.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Again he's been mostly crap for months. He had a great run at the end of last season. But there's a reason Leicester and liege let him go. He's good but too inconsistent.

Still love him but; he ain't the Messiah that everyone has him pinned as.

Hopefully he will stay if we don't go up

Pop onto a Brentford or :lolol: message board, for instance, and they'll tell you that you're nuts.

el punal

Didn't see him today, but he really seems to be trying a bit too much. It's difficult isn't it? He plays the way he plays, but you feel he needs a little bit of coaching, a bit more discipline in his decision making. I suppose that's why he's not a superstar.

If you heard Chris Hughton's comments, I think it was after the Sheffield Wednesday game, he said that Knockaert would not be able to play at that level (i.e. superlative) for every game, but that he's able to turn a game at any time in a match. To be honest no Albion player had a good game against Ipswich. It was just one of those games, we could have won but we could so easily have lost. We drew, got a point, we move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here