Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football shirt for an old codger

BlackDove

Oct 10, 2016
So it’s my old man’s 75th birthday coming up soon and I want to get him a special present. He’s been a Seagulls fan all his life, and has been a season ticket holder for donkeys, so I’ve been looking for something Albion-related to get him. I found a good website that has vintage football shirts for sale and I reckon that would be a nice surprise for him. Ideally I want to get him a signed shirt (budget allowing) but am struggling to decide which year it should be. I was thinking about the 82/83 season cos of the cup run and the fact its such a rare shirt, but obviously we got relegated too and I’m not sure I want to remind him of that on such a happy day.

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-football-shirt-1980-1983-s_6930_1.jpg

So what do you think? What year is best to go for? Anyone got any other suggestions for what would make the best present? 00/01 as the season when it started to turn around? Doesn’t seem vintage enough though for a 75 year old.

Cheers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not quite as old as your dad but my proudest moment was the 57/58 promotion from the Div III South. The shirt may not be a problem getting it signed probably would though as most have passed on. Failing that promotion to Div 1 at Newcastle.

BlackDove

Oct 10, 2016
So it’s my old man’s 75th birthday coming up soon and I want to get him a special present. He’s been a Seagulls fan all his life, and has been a season ticket holder for donkeys, so I’ve been looking for something Albion-related to get him. I found a good website that has vintage football shirts for sale and I reckon that would be a nice surprise for him. Ideally I want to get him a signed shirt (budget allowing) but am struggling to decide which year it should be. I was thinking about the 82/83 season cos of the cup run and the fact its such a rare shirt, but obviously we got relegated too and I’m not sure I want to remind him of that on such a happy day.

View attachment 78718

So what do you think? What year is best to go for? Anyone got any other suggestions for what would make the best present? 00/01 as the season when it started to turn around? Doesn’t seem vintage enough though for a 75 year old.

Cheers.

Anyone else got any suggestions for a good shirt? Or any shirts they want to sell. Thanks!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like the replica Bukta shirt from the late 70's. That's the only Albion shirt I wear nowadays, its timeless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here