• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Apropos of nothing in particular - does anyone know if there is a good secondary market for Albion shirts?

D

Deleted member 2719

You are griping at the fact that the club adhered to their widely published terms and conditions.

That seems completely fair TBH

#teamclub

Widely published??? as i have said to Bozza above, i assumed, stupid me.:dunce:

And as i keep repeating surely this is a common sense business thing.

eg sorry MR Boots you have actually missed the deadline, i can't promise anything but i will ask a senior and get back to you.

Goes and looks at customers record, probably doesn't know the goldstone, gillingham, and withdean spend so basis it on the AMEX spend.

Oh he has a ten year old and his wife is a member and now want's his daughter to join.

Scenario 1

Ok MR boots just this once we are prepared to do this as it should have been looked at first rather than abruptly dealt with although your were late, your darling daughter can have her replica shirt on membership not just the Tat.

Result. Many thanks Club i love BHA my daughter loves BHA and we have a #Togetherness.

Scenario 2.

No you are too late, rules are rules, we will send you the tat though.

Result. Thoroughly pissed off fan of 40 + years with a first ever divorce on the cards.

IMO Customer services does not understand the original Goldstone, Gillingham, and withdean fans and probably don't even understand football or the offside rule.

Controversial probably but i am beyond caring as they seem to be.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dear [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION]

I was a fully paid up Junior Seagull for several years in my youth, receiving a free team poster every season, attending Christmas parties at the Brighton Centre, and roaming around the Goldstone pitch on the JS open days eagerly seeking autographs and photographs with such luminaries as Dale Jasper, Adrian Owers, Les Berry and Kevin Bremner.

I never received a free shirt on my seventh birthday (perhaps I had to send a postal order and an SAE? I wasn't all that organised at six years old), which has meant that I've spent the last 32 years, 9 months and 22 days giving serious consideration to jacking in my love affair with Brighton & Hove Albion.

If you could add me to your Free Shirts For The Deserving list, then it might help me to decide whether to remain loyal to BHAFC.

Thanks in anticipation.

EK

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dear [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION]

I was a fully paid up Junior Seagull for several years in my youth, receiving a free team poster every season, attending Christmas parties at the Brighton Centre, and roaming around the Goldstone pitch on the JS open days eagerly seeking autographs and photographs with such luminaries as Dale Jasper, Adrian Owers, Les Berry and Kevin Bremner.

I never received a free shirt on my seventh birthday (perhaps I had to send a postal order and an SAE? I wasn't all that organised at six years old), which has meant that I've spent the last 32 years, 9 months and 22 days giving serious consideration to jacking in my love affair with Brighton & Hove Albion.

If you could add me to your Free Shirts For The Deserving list, then it might help me to decide whether to remain loyal to BHAFC.

Thanks in anticipation.

EK

I am a JCL and I WANT my free SHIRT and I WANT it NOW. Can you add me to the list IMMEDIATELY
Dazzer6666
Aged 50 and a bit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are absolutely correct. I had twin brothers - now sadly deceased, but the point you're making stands - twins run in my family.
Posting here in my own capacity, rather than as Chicken Run Customer liaison - twins running in your family doesn't increase the likelihood of you having twins, that's only the case if twins run in the mother's family.

@Triggaaar you'd best increase the quota for my pending offspring from 2-3 to a full 8 (it's possible that my gf will want to go through pregnancy twice, even if she had quads the first time. While I definitely wouldn't want to go through a second round of treatment in those circumstances, we all know who would win that argument).
If you have 8 children with that poor woman after 2 pregnancies, I'll buy you the shirts myself. We're going to need a bigger ground!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Widely published??? as i have said to Bozza above, i assumed, stupid me.:dunce:

And as i keep repeating surely this is a common sense business thing.

eg sorry MR Boots you have actually missed the deadline, i can't promise anything but i will ask a senior and get back to you.

Goes and looks at customers record, probably doesn't know the goldstone, gillingham, and withdean spend so basis it on the AMEX spend.

Oh he has a ten year old and his wife is a member and now want's his daughter to join.

Scenario 1

Ok MR boots just this once we are prepared to do this as it should have been looked at first rather than abruptly dealt with although your were late, your darling daughter can have her replica shirt on membership not just the Tat.

Result. Many thanks Club i love BHA my daughter loves BHA and we have a #Togetherness.

Scenario 2.

No you are too late, rules are rules, we will send you the tat though.

Result. Thoroughly pissed off fan of 40 + years with a first ever divorce on the cards.

IMO Customer services does not understand the original Goldstone, Gillingham, and withdean fans and probably don't even understand football or the offside rule.

Controversial probably but i am beyond caring as they seem to be.

So why bother having any rules then? The club might as well let all supporters walk in and take anything they want from the club shop for free. Basically, you want the rules not to apply for you and, when you are told they do, you are threatening to have a tantrum and not go to games again. It's all a bit ridiculous.

If you were really annoyed by customer service, you would have emailed the club and complained rather than moaning on here. And, despite the fact that pretty much everyone disagrees with you, you are still moaning now.

D

Deleted member 2719

Come on MB, crack a smile and buy everyone a pint. Get those tickets booked for Saturday and have a great family day out at the footie. It's going to be a 5-0 win..I can feel it in my bones.

Can't, the steam is visible from my ears, as i like many on hear did all i could include financially to save BHA in the dark years and the new breed don't appear to give two hoots.

I need to focus on work now though, so many thanks for your concern.:kiss:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dear @Triggaaar

Thanks in anticipation.

EK
Dear edna. Since you have been neglected for so long, you may now need a different size shirt. Would it be ok if I come and take some measurements?

Shit, boss is coming. I'll add you to the list:

Mouldy Boots
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo
Triggaaar
Everest
Bozza
Papa Lazarou
LamieRobertson
Gullflyinghigh
Neville’s Breakfast
FatSuperman * 3
Stat Brother
PILTDOWN MAN
Gullsworth * 1 (2nd awaiting approval)
JBizzle
Ernest
S'hampton Seagull
Goldstone1976 * 3 (8 awaiting approval)
MattBackHome
edna krabappel

Dear edna. Since you have been neglected for so long, you may now need a different size shirt. Would it be ok if I come and take some measurements?

Shit, boss is coming. I'll add you to the list:

Mouldy Boots
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo
Triggaaar
Everest
Bozza
Papa Lazarou
LamieRobertson
Gullflyinghigh
Neville’s Breakfast
FatSuperman * 3
Stat Brother
PILTDOWN MAN
Gullsworth * 1 (2nd awaiting approval)
JBizzle
Ernest
S'hampton Seagull
Goldstone1976 * 3 (8 awaiting approval)
MattBackHome
edna krabappel

Uhm, you seem to have neglected to add me.

I shall e-mail Chicken Run and complain, failing that I will post a thread on here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't, the steam is visible from my ears, as i like many on hear did all i could include financially to save BHA in the dark years and the new breed don't appear to give two hoots.

Genuine question but how many other clubs offer this kind of thing ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Of course you can, Mr Trump. Let me know when you're free.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
6b5b19e27ed13f1544bafdfb948e5b91_400x400.jpeg

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Genuine question but how many other clubs offer this kind of thing ?

It's a fair question. I've no idea but if enough people like the OP moan because they've not been given free stuff despite them not adhering to the rules, then the club might cancel so these rants might ruin it for children who are signed up in the future.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's a fair question. I've no idea but if enough people like the OP moan because they've not been given free stuff despite them not adhering to the rules, then the club might cancel so these rants might ruin it for children who are signed up in the future.

Have you flagged this to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?
we may need a new sub forum when these future children hear about this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Uhm, you seem to have neglected to add me.
Dear Hillian1, you have not yet made a request for a shirt. You asked if there was a deadline and I replied that there isn't. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Of course you can
:)
, Mr Trump.
:(

How can you compare me to that odious man?! (it might be best if you treat that as a rhetorical question)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Have you flagged this to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?
we may need a new sub forum when these future children hear about this.

It could get entertaining. I might start a board and moan on behalf of the children who I might have in the future and might be impacted if the offer is stopped.

On a serious note, as others have pointed out, it is a very generous offer from the club and it is really sad to see them attacked like this

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

With all due respect Mouldy, that is really not how it will come across. Most would find it unlikely you actively decided to not join her up simply because you wanted to save the club money. Bear in mind the person on the end of the phone knows only that you've called up past the deadline, then I don't know what you are expecting.

You say that you treat people how you'd like to be treated and everyone should use common sense. In the transcript you've come across as really quite rude and condescending. And you haven't used your common sense to understand why there is a cut off.

Scenario 1
Email the club, explain the situation politely, explain your reasoning and your families history supporting the club. Ask if they would be so kind as to help you out this time as a gesture.

Scenario 2
Don't contact the club. Drop a PM to Feathers as she has just started supporting the Albion from another club - perhaps you could exchange merchandise etc to keep the costs of switching clubs down.

Dear Hillian1, you have not yet made a request for a shirt. You asked if there was a deadline and I replied that there isn't. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
)

Do you know who I am?

Your customer service is rubbish, I shall be having words with Chicken Run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here