Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10,000 expected at The Amex

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A strange cult for sure. Their beliefs carry the story that only 144,000 annointed believers will be forgiven and received by God into heaven, yet there are many more than 144k of them. personally I prefer the alternative faiths that are less cliquey and elitist.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I thought they weren't allowed to gather in large groups in case a party broke out? I might tag along with a party popper and watch the carnage unfold..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Jehovah’s Witnesses are looking forward to welcoming many other interested ones to join them at the convention and to that end will be bringing a personal invitation to everyone throughout the catchment area in the weeks just prior to the convention. It’s easy to get to the Amex, with a train station right next to it.

You have to get the little details right if you want to convince people to convert. It's a no from me...

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
A strange cult for sure. Their beliefs carry the story that only 144,000 annointed believers will be forgiven and received by God into heaven, yet there are many more than 144k of them. personally I prefer the alternative faiths that are less cliquey and elitist.

There belief is that 144,000 will be received into heaven to oversee the rest living on earth, of course if you'd done a little research you would of known that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There belief is that 144,000 will be received into heaven to oversee the rest living on earth, of course if you'd done a little research you would of known that.
But what about all the rest of them who've died already? The 144k limit must OF* been reached years ago.

*It's "would have" or "would've" if you'd done a little research.....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
But what about all the rest of them who've died already? The 144k limit must OF* been reached years ago.

Grammar apart, that's the point I was trying to make, albeit rather poorly, after a long day. As I said, a strange cult with very odd beliefs.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I had a bloke knock on the door the other day, he said " I am a Jehovers Witness" I said "Really, I did'nt know there had been an accident"

Acknowledgement to Tommy Cooper

k99

Jul 10, 2015

They teach that 144,000 will make it from the earth to heaven to rule with Jesus. All the other faithful get to live on a paradise earth.

How does the earth get to be a paradise? By God bringing about Armageddon which brings down the current system of things, destroying billions of people in the process. There is then 1000 years of restoration along with a resurrection of anyone who died before the big A so that they can have a chance to live in paradise.

The event next week will be showing them a number of videos including one that is set in the near future showing a bunch of Witnesses hiding in a basement awaiting the OB to come and imprison them. It's classic fear tactics designed to enforce the need to keep "loyal" to the organisation.

Lets review. It's a cult.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Whilst they are not at the level of the Westboro' mob they do preach an old school view of the Bible's take on homosexuality. They recently produced a lovely little cartoon that is aimed at "educating" young kids on how homosexuality should be viewed...

They won't be wearing rainbow laces, then?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They teach that 144,000 will make it from the earth to heaven to rule with Jesus. All the other faithful get to live on a paradise earth.

How does the earth get to be a paradise? By God bringing about Armageddon which brings down the current system of things, destroying billions of people in the process. There is then 1000 years of restoration along with a resurrection of anyone who died before the big A so that they can have a chance to live in paradise.

The event next week will be showing them a number of videos including one that is set in the near future showing a bunch of Witnesses hiding in a basement awaiting the OB to come and imprison them. It's classic fear tactics designed to enforce the need to keep "loyal" to the organisation.

Lets review. It's a cult.

Sounds like scaremongering to me. Were they involved in the Referendum debate?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton and Jehovah Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here