Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Good running. Your 75.50% Age Grading overtakes my 75.39% and puts you in second place behind [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson[/MENTION]'s Teacher in the AG NSC Premier League. I will be trying to climb that League once this winter training plan is over.

Tidy! What's the lead score by the way? Oh sorry for bumping u off 2nd place but evidence that I ran well to overtake someone as good as you.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Tidy! What's the lead score by the way? Oh sorry for bumping u off 2nd place but evidence that I ran well to overtake someone as good as you.

This is the calculator Parkrun uses.
http://www.runningforfitness.org/ca...in=18&sec=05&age=43&gender=M&Submit=Calculate

I cannot recall @GNT's %age but it's around 77% and he is on track to surpass that this year. So I assume you are 43, which is the new 21! You therefore need around 18:03 and I need 19:55. ****!

Good luck. I will have a crack in June/July after intensive training. Will need favourable weather conditions and a number of pacers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck to those running the Brighton half today

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
1:27:24 for me today - very pleased as pb by 71 seconds.

Great atmosphere and pretty decent conditions as the wind never really got up too much.

Hopefully the rest of NSC ran a great race.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/1066615861

Great stuff well done!

Nice long run for me - thanks to [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] for the route. Hove to Shoreham, up the Adur, SDW up Truleigh Hill to Devils Dyke, Down through Benfield Valley and home along the sea front (through the HM tail runners). 28km in 2:36. A little slower than target but some meaty hills in there. Seven weeks to go til London , one less for Brighton!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
1.37.00 for me (oh for that extra second)

I had the blue Albion training top on for those that may have been watching. The SEAGULLS chants from the crowd definitely helped!

Did your shirt have bosh on the back?

I got 95:30 which is good considering what a tragedy I am. Very well played to everyone. Counted four Albion shirts and one York, one Sheff Weds, one Juve.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Finished in 1:35:02.

My first half marathon race, so I'm happy with that time.

Well done everyone who ran.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
A new half marathon PB for me of 1.46.36. Maybe I was in the busiest pen but I found that while conditions were excellent there were far too many pinch points and the first two miles were the two most frustrating I have ever run. Probably only added a minute but a minute's a minute when you're running! For me it seemed that neither the course nor the walkway back to the finish from collecting medals and shirts had been designed for 13,000 people.

That said I am delighted with my run. If we take unofficial watch times then I no longer need to enter a 10k to go under 50 minutes for one as I did it accidentally today, 49.47 according to my Garmin.

This time last year I ran my longest ever run - 4.5 miles in 45 minutes - so to get near 1.45 is immensely pleasing and a lot is down to the coach [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] recommended.

Also nice to get a cheer from [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION]

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
http://www.runningforfitness.org/ca...in=18&sec=05&age=43&gender=M&Submit=Calculate

I cannot recall @GNT's %age but it's around 77% and he is on track to surpass that this year. So I assume you are 43, which is the new 21! You therefore need around 18:03 and I need 19:55. ****!

Good luck. I will have a crack in June/July after intensive training. Will need favourable weather conditions and a number of pacers.

Just for the record.............it was a 4 mile race over the flattest course imaginable and - I had to use the RW calculator - a 77.7%. And I'll add my congrats to all those who completed the Brighton half - some really good times.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
A new half marathon PB for me of 1.46.36. Maybe I was in the busiest pen but I found that while conditions were excellent there were far too many pinch points and the first two miles were the two most frustrating I have ever run. Probably only added a minute but a minute's a minute when you're running! For me it seemed that neither the course nor the walkway back to the finish from collecting medals and shirts had been designed for 13,000 people.

That said I am delighted with my run. If we take unofficial watch times then I no longer need to enter a 10k to go under 50 minutes for one as I did it accidentally today, 49.47 according to my Garmin.

This time last year I ran my longest ever run - 4.5 miles in 45 minutes - so to get near 1.45 is immensely pleasing and a lot is down to the coach [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] recommended.

Also nice to get a cheer from [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION]

Great stuff really well done - hopefully avoiding sounding patronising here but that is a great story and can inspire many others.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Great stuff really well done - hopefully avoiding sounding patronising here but that is a great story and can inspire many others.

Not patronising at all and thanks! I really enjoyed today once I'd got past the SLOW PEOPLE. I didn't think I'd ever do something close to that.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk

Thanks bud! Yep 43, birthday in December

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here