Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That remains my understanding, although exactly when the Club will do the press release is now unclear.

I get the impression that Lord Tony of Bloominster remains very positive and focused on achieving the big step up this season, and that strengthening from a position of strength is still very much the message which we should expect to see transformed from words into actions.

I fully expect to cop some grief (and that's fine) for the JC one not coming through as expected, but you'll just have to trust me, I honestly don't post sh1te for sh1te's sake.

Thanks for the updates! Looks like we had as good a chance as any team that was in for him. The fact Inter seem to have pulled out indicates it's too complicated a deal for any European club.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That remains my understanding, although exactly when the Club will do the press release is now unclear.

I get the impression that Lord Tony of Bloominster remains very positive and focused on achieving the big step up this season, and that strengthening from a position of strength is still very much the message which we should expect to see transformed from words into actions.

I fully expect to cop some grief (and that's fine) for the JC one not coming through as expected, but you'll just have to trust me, I honestly don't post sh1te for sh1te's sake.

Thanks for the updates, much appreciated.

So with this press release are you saying a deal has been done for a striker?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
In my FM16 save he just signed for Galatasaray in January of 2016. If there were ever a league and country to deal with shady agents and owners.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The timely rumours of the bid for Austin suggest we have no one lined up - hope that isn't the case.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think we can close this record breaking thread now. JC will not be joining BHAFC.

We tried very hard, and for a long period the confidence was very high, but the ownership complexity and the antics of the agent were apparently the impenetrable barriers, and all the positive groundwork achieved in November has come to nothing.

Apologies, my post #1111 was made with the best of intentions, but as is the case with complex deals they sometimes don't quite make it over the try line.

No need to apologise fella, imagine most of us are grateful for any insight - these things aren't always going to come off. Sounds like he is to much trouble anyway and best avoided (or his 'management team' are, anyway - unlikely he'll end up in Europe with that in the background)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

You will not get grief for trying to keep us informed. Will be glad to hear any news from you.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thanks all, it's been an emotional and record-breaking run but I guess it's all over now.

Shame we didn't get this one over the line for whatever reason, but it was a fun thread while it lasted. :thumbsup:

(8 more posts to make it a round 2,500, by the way)

albionite

May 20, 2009
There still might be a few more twists to this story, if the clubs are pulling out maybe the investment group would sell their share and make it more friendly for a European club to invest.

Yeah I know I'm dreaming and we end up with another loan like Best after all our targets fall by the way side.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
anyone else feel a little sorry for JC? seems like he was close to his dream move to Inter and a combination of 3rd party ownership/mafia/Dad/usual greedy agent bullshit has derailed it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
anyone else feel a little sorry for JC? seems like he was close to his dream move to Inter and a combination of 3rd party ownership/mafia/Dad/usual greedy agent bullshit has derailed it.

Nope.

I feel sorry for the #holdthenerve gang

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here