Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea - cheating bunch of FANNIES (again)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watching this blue shower of CJTCs makes you almost nostalgic for the relative calm of Roy Keane's Man Utd.
I realise that all things being equal, Man Utd are probably the most despised club on here and throughout the country, but if we are honest, there was a lot to be admired about that team. A core of fairly honest British Isles players (Scholes, the Nevilles, Butt, Beckham) with the addition of one or two truly world class players who really really played for that club.

The contrast with Chelsea's current mercenaries (and half of United's current side) is really there for all to see.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agree completely the card should be rescinded - end of.

Shocking performance by Chelski in every respect including JM who is bringing football into disrepute with his and his teams antics. Just read their website report which obviously isn't going to be completely impartial but aspects remind you of a society where state propaganda is alive and well - Comrades I quote:

"but the aggressive side from the French capital were also stubborn opposition"
"Chelsea were on the end of another incorrect refereeing decision"
"Paris St-Germain tackles were rightly under scrutiny"
"a questionable offside flag halted the Blues"
"the ref wrongly waved play on"
"Ibrahimovic flew into Oscar with an out-of-control challenge, catching him painfully on the ankle"
"Unlike against Burnley, this time the ref applied punishment and pulled out the red card"
"Oscar was next in the book for what the ref decided was kicking the ball away, when in reality he was sending it back to where a free-kick should have been taken"
"David Luiz a minute later committed a red card offence and he was lucky"
"Three minutes later there was further injustice for Diego Costa - Chelsea were rightly furious"
"the tie continued in familiar fashion with Cavani upending Hazard"
"Pastore should have been flagged offside"

Jose needs to be fined/banned.

Every game he chirps up about the ref and it affects the game, it shouldn't be allowed

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I realise that all things being equal, Man Utd are probably the most despised club on here and throughout the country, but if we are honest, there was a lot to be admired about that team. A core of fairly honest British Isles players (Scholes, the Nevilles, Butt, Beckham) with the addition of one or two truly world class players who really really played for that club.

The contrast with Chelsea's current mercenaries (and half of United's current side) is really there for all to see.

I agree with loads you've said on this thread, but not with the above.

Remember it was after all Utd with Keane, Gary Neville and Giggs as the worst offenders who introduced the harassing of referees into our game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Remember it was after all Utd with Keane, Gary Neville and Giggs as the worst offenders who introduced the harassing of referees into our game.

Fair points, but you only have to listen to the likes of Gary Neville nowadays to realise that all that was needed was the rules properly applied. He'd have stopped gobbing off soon enough if the ref just had the stones to send him off.

I guess what I'm saying is give me a harassing gobshite on the pitch over a morally bankrupt turd like John Terry every single day of the week.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jose needs to be fined/banned.

Every game he chirps up about the ref and it affects the game, it shouldn't be allowed

After Tottenham beat Chelsea 5-3 he was spouting that Vertonghen handballed whilst lying on the ground and that a Chelsea penalty could have made it 2-0 and game over. Yet there wasn't one pundit who thought Vertonghen had handled it deliberately. He was very quick to criticise the referee in that match and completely gloss over the fact his side had been played off the park.

A Five Live reporter this morning suggested that Chelsea's 9-man "surrounding the referee" may have been choreographed before the match. I tend to agree. I cannot BELIEVE the goalkeeper didn't join in too, Courtois must be fined 2 week's wages for his careless behaviour.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Once they're charging the ref, the only thing we can do is respond," Terry said.

"You can't as a group of players let them surround the ref, trying to get our players booked.

"For me if I have to run 20, 30 yards, it doesn't look great but when you're standing back and seeing five or six of their players surrounding the ref, for me I think I support my team-mates.

"And once I go, four or five go with me, it doesn't look good at all but that's part of the game. We'll match it if people want to mix it, that's part of our game as well.

"You have to stick up for your team-mates. Every other side is as bad as each other. It's part of the game."

What annoys me about this quote is the complete ignorance of the effect this behaviour has on the game of football generally. 6, 7, 8 year-old kids watching teams like Chelsea and Man Utd think the ref being surrounded, touched, shirt pulled, pointed at and sworn at is normal behaviour on a professional football field. Sir Alex encouraged it, Mourinho is doing the same. The 'Respect' campaign is dead. Who is left to defend the sport?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
While I don't have the same level of anti-Chelsea feeling as some on here, I do like Laurent Blanc, and always have done.

I like him as well and to think he missed the World Cup final because of what Slavan Bilic did during the semis when he made out that Laurent Blanc had punched him in the face. How does a man live with knowing he deprived a fellow professional the one chance he'll ever have in playing in the top match in world football. These players make me sick and I am watching football less and less.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Agree completely the card should be rescinded - end of.

Shocking performance by Chelski in every respect including JM who is bringing football into disrepute with his and his teams antics. Just read their website report which obviously isn't going to be completely impartial but aspects remind you of a society where state propaganda is alive and well - Comrades I quote:

"but the aggressive side from the French capital were also stubborn opposition"
"Chelsea were on the end of another incorrect refereeing decision"
"Paris St-Germain tackles were rightly under scrutiny"
"a questionable offside flag halted the Blues"
"the ref wrongly waved play on"
"Ibrahimovic flew into Oscar with an out-of-control challenge, catching him painfully on the ankle"
"Unlike against Burnley, this time the ref applied punishment and pulled out the red card"
"Oscar was next in the book for what the ref decided was kicking the ball away, when in reality he was sending it back to where a free-kick should have been taken"
"David Luiz a minute later committed a red card offence and he was lucky"
"Three minutes later there was further injustice for Diego Costa - Chelsea were rightly furious"
"the tie continued in familiar fashion with Cavani upending Hazard"
"Pastore should have been flagged offside"

You've made that up haven't you? There's NO WAY a club of their stature, pedigree and yes HISTORY, could be so pathetically pitiful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

True, led by the miserable face of Giggs, shouting into the ref's face. ManUre took the group intimidation of officials to another level. I think Stam or another player mentioned in an autobiog that it was all orchestrated by Taggart and premediated ... which speeded up that player's exit.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here