Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Alzate signed from Leyton Orient

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Has fantastic close ball control and looks to move forward quickly. Looks very gifted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I tend to agree with that. It's a shame players like Tilley and Hunt didn't get more of a chance. For example, Sam Adekugbe seemed to jump ahead of Hunt in the pecking order at times, and he was a loanee from Canada. Not sure why that kind of thing happens

Nothing more than simple (sometimes justified) short-termism.

If Sam Adekugbe was selected to play a couple of games, ahead of Rob Hunt, it is because Chris Hughton and co thought that the Albion's chances of winning the matches in question were increased by him doing so. (Though I THINK Hunt had already gone out on loan, when the opportunity for Adekugbe to play at Preston arose).

We'd all like to see our own young lads given opportunities, but then we all wanted to get enough points for promotion too.

Your example could just as easily been Tomori coming in and playing, over Ben White who was excellent in the early cup matches. I'd love to have seen White given further opportunities, but now we are where we are there's nobody disputing the value of Tomori's loan,

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I've just looked at our starting XI the last time Orient beat us in the league (2009) , I would only have guessed 5 of the players!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
According to someone on the O's forum we paid out a fee of £400k, however not sure if that was all up front or whether that includes any add ons.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
.... and the problem with that potentially, is that agents and players will get to know this trend at BHA, and steer clear of us in future, no player wants to commit to a few years of no 1st team chances at all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They don't seem to steer clear of Chelsea, or Man City, or other top clubs, or any other clubs come to that.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
They don't seem to steer clear of Chelsea, or Man City, or other top clubs, or any other clubs come to that.
Of course not... they pay their u18s more than we pay 1st teamers... That's a non argument.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
If you made a highlights reel of Jordan Maguire-Drew it would look as good if not better than this. Just saying.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Of course not... they pay their u18s more than we pay 1st teamers... That's a non argument.

So if the top clubs don't want to pay them lots, they'll give up football will they ? or will they go to the next level down ? .....That's.......

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Evening Standard reported that we were interested in this fella and another lad from Orient Tristan Abrahams the other week. It said Palace were sniffing around as well.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
So if the top clubs don't want to pay them lots, they'll give up football will they ? or will they go to the next level down ? .....That's.......
It's a ticklist... big bucks?... tick... if not so big then its 1st team chances?.... tick.... if we get a reputation for not providing either for young up and coming players, that will hinder our recruitment of quality players.. we will end up with also-rans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here