Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
That would be an adventure wouldn't it!

Unfortunately my wife has ruled that no running will happen tomorrow.. :0( haven't seen the kids for a week so it's Saturday morning pictures.. I'm planning on a slow bimble somewhere Sunday if you or anyone else want to join? Was planning on going up on the downs or along the prom prom prom

Fair play - it's tough on family life when you are working away (been there/done that/no fun). Enjoy the downs and prom while you have them. Suspect I'll be having an enforced rest day.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ran a pretend 5k Park Run in 22:55 which was 6 and a bit laps of Patcham High Schools playing field.

This was followed by the all clear by Jesus so I'm back in the game.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
So windy Worthing parkrun - 22:31 which was what I was aiming for having been crocked for a couple of weeks and still feeling the injury a bit. AG was 72.46%. Held back for the first 3K and then put in a reasonable final 2k. Relieved.

Good enough to beat the Hove Park set. A motley crew failed to set the park alight. One in middle of a marathon training plan, a poker playing, wine drinking, cheese eater, me having a recovery fortnight, one running with his sister and a looney having a warm up for tonight's Lunartics marathon.
Good to meet Seaford Strider and looking forward to building up to 12th August on the Prom.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ran a pretend 5k Park Run in 22:55 which was 6 and a bit laps of Patcham High Schools playing field.

This was followed by the all clear by Jesus so I'm back in the game.

He didn't want you back twice a week for 3 weeks then?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My ankle is still not right so instead I hit a gym session this morning, including a 2km row and a sharp legs and core circuit. I've cycled about 60 miles this week, with a midsized cycle planned for tomorrow, weather dependent. I'm keeping active but I'm missing getting out there and running around.

My ambition of winning a parkrun in 2017 remains!

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
So windy Worthing parkrun - 22:31 which was what I was aiming for having been crocked for a couple of weeks and still feeling the injury a bit. AG was 72.46%. Held back for the first 3K and then put in a reasonable final 2k. Relieved.
Ooh, I was just in front of you @ 22.13.

I always go off too fast and slow right down so deliberately started at the back and picked my way through people to slow my start.
Did each of the last 3k smack on 7min/m pace so happy with that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
He didn't want you back twice a week for 3 weeks then?

No. That's why he's the best physio around locally. Too many others see you as a cash cow and the treatments never end unless you decide to stop.

Physio Rooms & Studio 57 just keep you coming back when quite often one visit should be enough.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Was just a second off my Guildford pb with an 18:55, and was the first over-40 of any description home today. Pleased with that, as I was feeling a bit off-colour when I woke up this morning.

Glad to avoid the rain too

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good enough to beat the Hove Park set. A motley crew failed to set the park alight. One in middle of a marathon training plan, a poker playing, wine drinking, cheese eater, me having a recovery fortnight, one running with his sister and a looney having a warm up for tonight's Lunartics marathon.
Good to meet Seaford Strider and looking forward to building up to 12th August on the Prom.

Just under 25 for me. I'd thought my watch had said 24.40 but I had my non-prescription shades on and it said 24.49 :lolol: My official time was a couple of seconds down even on that. I had said at the start that I just wanted to get round in under 25. My real aim, being the poker playing cheese eater, was to get round without throwing up. Achievement unlocked.

Good chat afterwards. Loads of luck to [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] in the Lunartic and thanks again for the lift home :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just under 25 for me. I'd thought my watch had said 24.40 but I had my non-prescription shades on and it said 24.49 [emoji38]ol: My official time was a couple of seconds down even on that. I had said at the start that I just wanted to get round in under 25. My real aim, being the poker playing cheese eater, was to get round without throwing up. Achievement unlocked.

Good chat afterwards. Loads of luck to [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] in the Lunartic and thanks again for the lift home [emoji106]
No worries mate. Just got into bed after Lunar-Tic. Great race and snuck in under five hours - it's a tough course but [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] faired a little better than me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No worries mate. Just got into bed after Lunar-Tic. Great race and snuck in under five hours - it's a tough course but [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] faired a little better than me.

Well done. Wouldn't be surprised if you were up at 5.30 this going for a 6 mile recovery run.
Would like a match report when you've rested and replenished.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Absolutely outstanding effort that, given the horrible conditions and the fact you'd done a 5k in the morning! I hope you get to spend today resting. I was influenced by those naughty parkrunners and had a curry and a glass of wine while thinking how glad I was that I wasn't doing slow trail hill repeats in the rain!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just looked at Strava [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]. 8" second mile was faster than your morning Parkrun pace! Trying to impress the ladies? Caught the wrong train? Trying to finish before the gloaming?
Apologies. I'm impressed with your run, please note I'm an armchair marathon stalker/critic. The lowest of the low.......

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

Brilliant effort - well done. It can't have been easy in those conditions!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Top event as always last night from the Sussex Trail guys......

Found the first lap ok, but then struggled in the dark a bit as got zero confidence in my footing (got injured on this race last year and was affected for 4-5 months) so a bit of a stop/start stuttering effort where I tried to run as hard as I dare on the flatter easier bits. Training has been useless throughout June and July so pretty happy with 4.30-something. Little bit down on last year but conditions were harder. More mud this year, and the high tide caused a few issues on the last homeward section !

Good running [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION], sub 5 a very decent effort (you were going too fast on the first lap though [emoji23][emoji23]) and [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION], another of your 52 in 52 ticked off [emoji106][emoji106]

Struggled to sleep as legs were painful, but no other issues and all good this morning. Off for a stroll into town shortly to get everything moving again.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Well done to the Lunar Tic runners.

Longest run for me for 3 weeks. Just the 7 miles but it didn't feel too punishing and most importantly the back survived even though I ran much too fast in the circumstances.

Tried to run on grass as much as possible so a lap of the following as part of the route:-

Patcham High School field
Horsdean
Braepool
Patcham Place
Waterhall

Plus the flat edge of Withdean Park and back.

Will move up to 8 miles with my Tuesday morning run.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Well done to the Lunar Tic runners.

Longest run for me for 3 weeks. Just the 7 miles but it didn't feel too punishing and most importantly the back survived even though I ran much too fast in the circumstances.

Tried to run on grass as much as possible so a lap of the following as part of the route:-

Patcham High School field
Horsdean
Braepool
Patcham Place
Waterhall

Plus the flat edge of Withdean Park and back.

Will move up to 8 miles with my Tuesday morning run.

The Lunartics shamed me into a little action as well. Ran a 7 miler also, turned home into a strong wind but managed to up the tempo for the last mile. Happy with 8'50" miles. Woken up the mitochondria, slow twitch muscles and burnt some fat. :lolol:
Still surprises me how a LSD can hurt as much as a flat out 5k.

Longest run for 13 months or more and very pleased with progress.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here