Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry City v Brighton & Hove Albion U21/23/40s Checkatrade Trophy Tuesday 10th Jan

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Only Sanchez clapped the Albion fans at end of game, although Slade came over and gave a wave.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A tonking, but good experience.

Would Ince have impressed any scouts ? ???

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Always going to be a bridge too far but good experience for youngsters, how did Ince play ? Should have put a shift in as an example to to the younger lads.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unlikely I'd have thought - listening to the Coventry commentary on the BBC I was convinced somebody had forgotten to put the names of the Brighton players on the back of heir shirts!

They probably had. I've watche'd some of the youth games, and they only have numbers.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
By the reports it looks like we were given a footballing lesson last night.
Still, can only learn by experience.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Coventry Telegraph
Attendance:
There are 2,085 at the Ricoh with around 50 (I’ve counted) Brighton fans

You probably missed me in your count, I was sitting with the Cov fans!

To answer a couple of the queries that have cropped up on this thread ...

The players DID have names on the back of their shirts, but you would have needed to be standing next to them to read them. The writing was black and small and impossible to decipher from any sort of distance.

Any scout watching Rohan Ince for the first time must have gone home wondering how such a large imposing figure of a man could be so unimposing and ineffective on a football pitch.
Those of us who have seen a lot more of him know that somewhere deep inside there is definitely a talent lurking, but it didn't show itself tonight, and I'd be surprised if any loan requests surfaced on the strength of tonight's performance.

As mentioned by others, the only player to emerge with any credit from tonight's game will be Sanchez who was excellent, particularly in the first half.

Liam R did nothing wrong, nor did he do anything special, he just eased himself through the 45 minutes that he played.
Hall appeared to be playing reasonably well ... until you remember he was part of a defence that conceded 3 goals, so perhaps my impression of his display is a false one.

Aside from the above, I don't think it would serve any purpose to highlight the performances of any of the youngsters, it was clearly a bridge too far for many of them tonight, but the experience will not have done them any harm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here