Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Milliband

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Was doing the rounds on Facebook this am. As I couldn't verify whether it was true or false I did say in my thread purportedly & of course it has nothing to do as to which political party he represents.

Ha! Possibly would have taken you all of ten seconds to verify it, what bollocks.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

500pxShopped.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just over six hours, lets hope that your prediction is about as accurate as your prediction on who's next in number 10......

:lolol: I can assure you if Miliband is not PM in May I'll be keeping my head down a hell of a lot longer than 6 hours!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Indeed. Like on Israel (if you remember that infamous thread). He sees something and immediately believes it without bothering to check.

Oh boy do I remember it !

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I am a floating voter. Over the years I have voted differently taking every election as it comes. The Lib Dems will be wiped out. Ed Milliband comes over as a nice bloke but very very weak plus Labour left the country with a huge debt. The Conservatives seem to have turned things around but have completely lost it over immigration. That leaves UKIP. They seem to be pushing the other parties in the right direction over immigration and Europe. I really do not know who to vote for next year. I used to be indecisive but I am not sure now.
Can someone convince me who to vote for please?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Moribund's final nail in the coffin was his comatose behaviour as Scotland edges towards independence. In a largely working class nation with millions of Labour voters, he did little, giving Salmond all the momentum. In the end it took Brown, a good speech by Cameron, and some other Labour figures to fight back with days to go.

Too busy being too negative wirh his obsession of 'the cost of living crisis' against those evil utility companies etc. Failing to mention about the near-economic depression of 2008 onwards much of which was caused by Labour, nor the fact that petrol, gas, elec, water, grocery costs, you name it, all rose way above general inflation in the years 1997 to 2010.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
:lolol: I can assure you if Miliband is not PM in May I'll be keeping my head down a hell of a lot longer than 6 hours!

I honestly don't believe Milliband will still be leader of the Party come May.

I think the momentum from within the PLP for him to step down will gather and he will resign to "prevent the issue of his leadership becoming a distraction."

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I am a floating voter. Over the years I have voted differently taking every election as it comes. The Lib Dems will be wiped out. Ed Milliband comes over as a nice bloke but very very weak plus Labour left the country with a huge debt. The Conservatives seem to have turned things around but have completely lost it over immigration. That leaves UKIP. They seem to be pushing the other parties in the right direction over immigration and Europe. I really do not know who to vote for next year. I used to be indecisive but I am not sure now.

I'm not keen on Ed either but:
a) Virtually every country in the world was left with a huge debt
b) Our debt has continued to rise rapidly every month since the coalition took office

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

If you want out of Europe then there is one way you can vote. Conservative. No one else can give you a referendum

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
I honestly don't believe Milliband will still be leader of the Party come May.

I think the momentum from within the PLP for him to step down will gather and he will resign to "prevent the issue of his leadership becoming a distraction."

Labour Party has to elect a leader by its own constitution
if milliband was to step down
the deputy would take over until a new electoral college
could deliver the result at the next conference next September
if enough mp 's triggered a contest
he would remain leader until the same conference decides
no doubt some labour mp's are unhappy with Ed
but the story of labour changing its' leader before
the next election is just anti labour media mischief
cannot see the Labour Party changing its constitution
to have a leadership contest in the run up to a
general election

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cameron running like a scared cat tonight, abusing the democratic process as he flees with his tail between his legs with May chasing him telling him not to worry it is only a comment

It was not just May chasing him. There is a long line of Tories laying into him today for the utter contempt with which she held parliament last night. The good news is that there is not much longer to go.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Labour Party has to elect a leader by its own constitution
if milliband was to step down
the deputy would take over until a new electoral college
could deliver the result at the next conference next September
if enough mp 's triggered a contest
he would remain leader until the same conference decides

I'm sure this isn't the process (ie a vote at Conference) that Gordon Brown went through when he succeeded Tony Blair, but I may be mistaken.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm sure this isn't the process (ie a vote at Conference) that Gordon Brown went through when he succeeded Tony Blair, but I may be mistaken.

i think their rules are different when in power, or else they can hold an EGM to elect a leader? either way Brown assumed office in June, not September.

he wont step aside until after a failed election, othewise he wouldnt have taken the job in the first place. its been commented that Labour doesnt have a procedure to remove an unpopular leader, they have to wait until their conference. this leads to effective paralysis of the leadership and front bench as no one want to be seen to maneuvering, while quietly not really helping the leader and, well, maneuvering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here