Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa. Discuss.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Leo is a very good target man but The problem he had yesterday was that locadia gave us a different dimension as he’s quick and mobile. So the game mostly passed leo by.

I though Locadia's movement and pace looked impressive at times. He certainly gives us something extra, for sure.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Love the man - we all do - but can't understand why he wasn't taken off sooner last night. Save for a couple of nice chest passes he seemed woefully off the pace and out of sorts. Thoughts?

What should have happened as we were chasing a game to get to Wembley and ONLY 1-0 down, the decision I would have made and meant I wanted to try and win was bring Murray on for Gross and played 2 up top, they would of then helped each other.

Making another like for like change did us no favours what so ever, and didn't tell anyone we ARE going for this now.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
What should have happened as we were chasing a game to get to Wembley and ONLY 1-0 down, the decision I would have made and meant I wanted to try and win was bring Murray on for Gross and played 2 up top, they would of then helped each other.

Making another like for like change did us no favours what so ever, and didn't tell anyone we ARE going for this now.
No sense in putting another striker on but taking off the man who creates the chances for them! If you wanted to gamble like that sacrifice Kayal or Propper

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is that a joke?

To you and to the numerous other outraged respondents, of course it is a joke. :facepalm:
[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] is mocking the OP - ludicrous thread.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think that he did what was expected of him other than put the ball in the net. I wouldn't say he was our worst player not by any stretch of the imagination and feel that he will serve us well from the bench for the rest of the season until signing permanently next season./

Agreed. What didnt come across on tv but visible to those in the stands is just how hard he made their centre backs work. Lots of movement and trying to make space by getting into gaps and working them to split. Almost came off a couple of times early second half

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I thought everyon played OK including Ulloa.

They were really difficult condidions to play in and the fact that everyone was talking about how few chances man United created is testament to how well the lads played. A slight lack of cutting edge up front but with those conditions underfoot I can understand why.

And as a footnote. If Gaetan Bong had been playing I doubt any of their goals would have have happened because he would have been more of a physical presence tucking in behind Dunk for those crosses. Dunk was sort of caught in two minds as to whether to stay zonal or man mark the United players coming in at the back. Had Bong been there he would have stayed zonal and left the back post to Bong.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
No sense in putting another striker on but taking off the man who creates the chances for them! If you wanted to gamble like that sacrifice Kayal or Propper

There were 2 reasons why I picked Gross over the other 2,
1, By the time Murray came on he looked dead on his feet,
2 He was not supplying Leo with anything at the same time and seemed to be getting deeper and deeper.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ulloa won't be available for the next game. Will Hemed get a chance? Presumably he will be on the bench, especially as he would hopefully had a game or two for Israel to get sharp. What happens if he scores a hat trick? :)

If Locadia starts he could possibly be on the bench but if he doesnt he wont be as it will be Locadia and Baldock I would think.

Tomdibble

Mar 5, 2018
West Norwood London
Cult hero or not , Question is Should he stay after the end of the season .... is that even on the cards ? I'm not convinced he's still got the legs to be honest but he gives us options of another "big lad" up front .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Cult hero or not , Question is Should he stay after the end of the season .... is that even on the cards ? I'm not convinced he's still got the legs to be honest but he gives us options of another "big lad" up front .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think it depends who else we are able to bring in. One thing though, he works really hard and if we are able to give him a headed opportunity he will likely take it. An upgrade on Hemed for sure. Murray will not likely deliver next season so he is a name in the frame.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said I would think an agreemernt has been reached verbally. When he came back he had other opportunities which may have lead to a permanent signing next season and he chose to come to us.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Personally would have preferred Murray, Izquierdo and Ryan to have started as they are our best options in their positions at the moment , that does not mean Ulloa or the others who came in were bad. I don't think Ulloa got in the box as much as Murray would have and quite often we had no one in the box during our attacks.

The team did well and the score did not reflect game and maybe better finishing (or taken chances) would have given us a result.

Maybe third time lucky in May ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here