Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just bumped into half the squad

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Very interesting if true. As disappointingly the squad cannot make the Young Seagulls Christmas party later today, due to away match travel commitments!

My nephew is upset with this news. His dad hasn't received any communication about this. Can you paste the relevant email?

Or how were you contacted?

Edit: BN3 above just gave the reason.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The team aren't due to attend the junior seagulls Christmas party this year and instead it is fairground rides and an ice rink. The reason given, months ago, for them not attending is because they were away at Burnley yesterday.

But the point is, they clearly could have attended.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
But the point is, they clearly could have attended.

Presumably this is due to modern football and the fact after an away match they'd stay in a hotel then return the next day for a recovery day at the training ground with physio and all that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So the kids can have a massive free Christmas party, but the players can't have a social get together away from the prying eyes of Brighton? :shrug:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They normally fly straight back to Gatwick after an away match that is a distance away. :shrug:

It is pretty crap they won't be there. My son and plenty of his friends aren't bothering to go this year as the main attraction for them is meeting the players, even if it is for a few seconds and they had to queue an hour! Just trying to point out it isn't a surprise and they haven't just cancelled the team appearing as some of them had some drinks last night .

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The team aren't due to attend the junior seagulls Christmas party this year and instead it is fairground rides and an ice rink. The reason given, months ago, for them not attending is because they were away at Burnley yesterday.

Hmmmmm. Ice rink and fairground rides v chance to meet your heroes. No contest. No excuses. Player power. Lack of priorities. Bad management. Poor show.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Very interesting if true. As disappointingly the squad cannot make the Young Seagulls Christmas party later today, due to away match travel commitments!

They announced that in October. "Due to the larger number of fans we are accommodating and our complex fixture scheduling during the December and Christmas period, the players are not able to attend. However, our selfie and autograph hunters will have the opportunity to meet your favourite player at our next open training session in 2019."
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/october/young-seagulls-christmas-party-is-back/
Presumably made the decision to focus on the various open training sessions , avoid queues and and focus on the signing sessions they do in half terms . Most recently in August and October.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
LOL. A professional athlete would not be out drinking during their season.

I remember seeing the videos of Sidwell leading the singing at their Christmas bash in Manchester a couple of years ago. They haven't got a game until next Sunday. Of course they'll be out drinking.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it’s a wind-up by Junior?

Any chance we can have this corroborated? There was the story a few weeks ago about a mate of a poster spotting Locardia and others on the lash in London (which he corroborated - at least what sis mate said- by pm). People acquire attitudes about others based on what's said (consider the false view I and others have had for years that Lawro pretends he never played for Brighton and snubs the club). Personally I consider it unsurprising to learn that Duffy likes to have it a bit large. But Pascal pissed on the street? Hasn't junior got a history of bans? Can't be arsed to look him up....

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s £5 per ticket

Now you put it like that, the players can do one.

They've given us nothing this week/season/year they don't deserve to relax with their own teammates, they should be back here pampering to a bunch of ungrateful sniveling...

...parents, who have paid £5 so someone else can entertain their children.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think it’s a wind-up by Junior?

Promotion winning season they had their Christmas do in manchester (after the Birmingham game I think). Wouldn't be a surprise if they had it again there after playing burnley away

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
After smashing Palace to bits this week and leaving their fans broken and crushed with no hope; the players can do what the **** they like as far as I’m concerned! FREE PASS!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here