Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early days - but who do you think will be the bottom 3 sides in May?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Got a feeling the injuries will do us this season sadly and an away win or two maybe to much this season.
Will drop on the last day...
Brighton
Cardiff
Huddersfield

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Huddersfield and Cardiff are absolutely pathetic. The (R) could be next to their names already.

The one relegation place this season is going to be very hotly contested. I don't see much quality at Newcastle but I think they'll be ok, West Ham will be fine too. I think Watford will drop like a stone but they're doing remarkably at the moment. I think Palace and Burnley will be worried, as will Southampton.

Along with the bottom two, I reckon Burnley will go.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Huddersfield
Cardiff

Too early to say that Newcastle are doomed, as they've had a hellish opening fixtures list. I haven't got a clue about the third team, but we're very much in the mix. As are Bmuff, Palace, Newcastle, Burnley and possibly West Ham.

Unfortunately IMO Wolves and Fulham have fast tracked safety, simply by spending incredible sums of money on fees and wages in buying proven names in European football with international level pedigree. Schurlle, Seri, Anguissa, Mitrovic, Neves, Jota, Costa, Cavaleiro, Jiminez, Patricio, Moutinho, Almost cheating, their 2018/19 accounts will make interesting reading.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You suggested (as I understood it) that after ten games it would be a better time to start making predictions, presumably as there would be more evidence to go on by then. After ten games last season, IIRC, both Palarse and West Ham were looking dead and buried, but both survived.

Yes I know what I said it was an opinion..most people would say after ten games the table takes a better shape than after four and the three that went down were in the bottom seven ....still after four last year Palace/West Ham and Bournemouth were in bottom three...hey ho :shrug:

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Newcastle without Shelvey are like Palace without Zaha.

The bottom three will depend on the number of injuries any lower team has, or suspensions. If Murray gets a long term injury, we will be sucked in too.

I think Matt Ryan is the one I would worry most about losing. Button looks a very decent shot saver, but the warning from Fulham fans about his distribution, was borne out in the Southampton game. I can see a defence rapidly losing confidence in him and have to hope Ben Roberts has some crazy master plan to work on his kicking.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Approaching this with my usual pessimistic default position I still think we are well above Cardiff and Huddersfield. We need to pick off some others early on and get some momentum going straight away.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
20. Huddersfield 30 points
19. Cardiff 33 points
18. Could be anyone but will go for west ham at this stage, signed a lot of shite. Although burnley did fade a bit after January last year, shame they didn’t beat olympiakos. Newcastle have looked good in their games except against Cardiff.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
18 Newcastle
19 Huddersfield
20 Cardiff

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
18 BHA (when Murray gets injured - we have no-one to score the goals)
19 Southampton
20 Cardiff

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The 3 promoted sides will be right down there, then Huddersfield and Newcastle for me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Newcastle won't go down. People simply choosing them because they are in the bottom 3. Shelvey has been missing the last few games and they have had the hardest start then anyone else.

I don't think that's why people are choosing them.

They are rubbish. That's my reason.

Very much like West Ham, once it starts going wrong, their home stadium can be daunting as hell for the players. Their main striker is a non-scoring one. Kenedy has looked AWFUL.

Lascelles and Matt Ritchie had a training ground FIGHT, Rafa is pissed off, their summer signings are beyond uninspiring and their bench lacks any depth.

Against Fulham we brought on Bissouma, Locadia and Ali J, We still have Izquierdo and Andone to come back. Those are game changers.

Newcastle's bench against City was:

Murphy (done nothing)
Muto (non-scoring striker)
Joselu (see above)
Sterry (exactly)
Atsu (meh)
Longstaff (exactly)

I think they are in SERIOUS doo doo and that's why I had them to be relegated in my bet this year.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Huddersfield's next 5 home fixtures :

Fulham
West Ham
ALBION
Newcastle
Southampton

They need some points from that lot, for sure.

My 3 to go down are now :

Cardiff
Huddersfield
Southampton

with Newcastle cutting it very fine, but just avoiding the drop.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Relegation 6 pointer on Saturday with Cardiff v Southampton.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't think that's why people are choosing them.

They are rubbish. That's my reason.

Very much like West Ham, once it starts going wrong, their home stadium can be daunting as hell for the players. Their main striker is a non-scoring one. Kenedy has looked AWFUL.

Lascelles and Matt Ritchie had a training ground FIGHT, Rafa is pissed off, their summer signings are beyond uninspiring and their bench lacks any depth.

Against Fulham we brought on Bissouma, Locadia and Ali J, We still have Izquierdo and Andone to come back. Those are game changers.

Newcastle's bench against City was:

Murphy (done nothing)
Muto (non-scoring striker)
Joselu (see above)
Sterry (exactly)
Atsu (meh)
Longstaff (exactly)

I think they are in SERIOUS doo doo and that's why I had them to be relegated in my bet this year.

I did try to tell you.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I did try to tell you.

They are only 4 points above the relegation zone with the club about to go through more turmoil when the next sale inevitably collapses and no new signings are made in January.

All the summer signings have been PANTS.

I stand by my original post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here