Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v The Swiss

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Switzerland isn’t the most attractive of friendlies, but I like their flag, which is a big plus.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
and just to make a contentious point is Tarkowski better than Dunk?

Tarkowski failed to take his chance tonight. He looked poor. Southgate should bin him as there are quite a few better English CBs in the Premier League who deserve a chance. Time to work his way down the list towards Dunk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not sure what people expect. England are boring and not very good. At the world cup they were nothing special and failed to beat any half decent opposition in what was a pretty poor world cup in terms of quality.

This is my opinion and expect many to disagree but it is what it is.

No disagreement here.
Played 7 W 3 D 1 L 3 in the WC was a pretty moderate return considering that we had two gimme's in Panama and Tunisia and a very comfortable game against an ordinary Sweden. We lost twice to Belgium, who were much better than us and got knocked out by a lower ranked team than us. We got lucky in our half of the draw and any decent side would have made the final. In the other half, I honestly think we would have struggled v Japan and it may have been better for us to have gone out in the last 16. It would have spared us the hours of garbage spouted about our new young hopes or the manager, who was being portrayed as some sort of genius, who should be running the country, organising Brexit, lecturing business and walking on water.
I thought Souness was a tad harsh when he said pre WC that this was the most ordinary group of England players he had ever seen. On reflection, he wasn't too far off the mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here