Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if health and saftey were genuine they'd ban immediatly - not at the Fulham game. why where they safe yesturday and safe for Southampton. they'll be banning water bottles, food and bags next year. should have a protest Tuesday 28th, a mass flask carry.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
No-one quite like the Albion to get you to enter into a contract and then change the terms and conditions - they have a very “like it or lump it” attitude that does them no credit at all.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
The bobble hat brigade will now only be allowed entry to the sports bowl if they have purchased their bobble hat from the superstore in the preceding 12 months
This will show your true loyalty to the cause
Please keep your receipts on you at all times as these will be checked thoroughly by our customer friendly robot steward upon entry
Food and drink will be served inside the arena in the form of a nutritious pill which will ease movement around the vending machines
Flasks are consigned to history and anyone found breaking the rules will be sent up to the Palace slums for life punishment

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Unfortunately, with the risk of terrorism these days, the club have to react to the worst possible event at a mass attendance event.

Anyone who tried to take a bag into the Emirates last year, as I did, will realise that the security there is on a par with Gatwick. I was searched no less than four times in order to gain entry - as a 72 year old, I am hardly a yob or security risk.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately, with the risk of terrorism these days, the club have to react to the worst possible event at a mass attendance event.

Anyone who tried to take a bag into the Emirates last year, as I did, will realise that the security there is on a par with Gatwick. I was searched no less than four times in order to gain entry - as a 72 year old, I am hardly a yob or security risk.

Nobody is disputing that at all just why wait until 1st September. If it was on the terrorists agenda they would take action at the cup game v Southampton.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We the British people will turn a blind eye to an epidemic of Pakistani paedophile rape gangs for fear of being called racist. We will put up with returning Jihad fighters and countless terrorist attacks with hardly a murmur, BUT if you think for one minute you can stop us taking a nice flask of Bovril to the football, your going have a ****ing uprising the like of which has never been seen! (Dear mods, I will consider myself banned from discussion for mentioning the above subject matter.)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Assume then that plastic water bottles are still OK to be taken into the " stadium bowl " area .?

Glass bottles being banned is totally understandable and I have assumed that they always have been .
As for Plastic thermos flasks . If the reason for these being banned is due to H&S concerns they why not allow only Season tickets holders to bring these into the ground and issue a warning that anyone found to be using using them in an inappropriate manner will have their tickets revoked .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We the British people will turn a blind eye to an epidemic of Pakistani paedophile rape gangs for fear of being called racist. We will put up with returning Jihad fighters and countless terrorist attacks with hardly a murmur, BUT if you think for one minute you can stop us taking a nice flask of Bovril to the football, your going have a ****ing uprising the like of which has never been seen! (Dear mods, I will consider myself banned from discussion for mentioning the above subject matter.)

Wibble

638bf7c806b3b14ba977eb8ef2667fa6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We the British people will turn a blind eye to an epidemic of Pakistani paedophile rape gangs for fear of being called racist.

Yes, that is the same reaction several council social services departments thought was appropriate. Worked well, didn't it (except for the vulnerable young girls who were f***ed against their will by many men, of course). Still, better than risk being called racist, eh?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Security my arse.
Not sure if I could hide a flask but I have entered the stadium with a Stanley knife, two screwdrivers, a tape measure, multimeter, pressure test guage and a few other oddments.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Yes, that is the same reaction several council social services departments thought was appropriate. Worked well, didn't it (except for the vulnerable young girls who were f***ed against their will by many men, of course). Still, better than risk being called racist, eh?

In fairness the establishment also failed to tackle Catholic paedophile rape gangs and posh white paedophile rape gangs.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I went into the Amex with 3 sets of darts once, literally 9 missiles in my bag and I sat in the East Lower at the time. They didn't even notice them and it didn't occur to my until I was getting a drink out of my bag and saw them sat there.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
He is the answer given by Insider to my question on Ask The Club

Our decision not to allow flasks, (glass or metal bottles) in to the stadium from the Fulham match onwards has been taken for safety and security reasons. We regularly review all of our security procedures and this new policy is in line with many other football stadia, including that of yesterday's visitors. Other stadia have already taken steps to stop bags, laptops and other items of luggage being brought in to the stadium - frankly, this an ongoing process to mitigate risk and eliminate it where it is possible or practical to do so.

We are regularly told that not all of our supporters receive or read electronic communications from the club so we decided to communicate directly with as many supporters as possible, particularly those carrying flasks to yesterday's game, so that that as many fans as possible received the information ahead of our next home game. We will reinforce this face to face communication with further information through the club's website and social media channels leading up to the Fulham game when the new policy will be fully implemented.

We communicated the decision directly to 1901 club members separately as, in addition to safety and security concerns in the stadium bowl, the issue was more general - that of small numbers of people consuming food and drink not purchased from the club in the lounge areas, including Dick's Bar (which has a regular clientele). This has never been permitted at the Amex - and it isn’t a practice allowed in the vast majority of other sports and entertainment arenas, restaurants or bars anywhere. I think most people are familiar with such a policy.

Finally, please be assured that the club's finances will not be transformed by expecting people to purchase their hot drinks from us! Suggestions that our decision to prevent flasks being brought in to the stadium as being financially driven are utter nonsense. The club has a responsibility to ensure the safest possible environment for all supporters. We are well aware that, for most fans, a flask is a means of bringing a hot drink to the game. Sadly, in the current environment, others may use such items in a different way. Our job is to limit, minimise and, ideally, eliminate as many risks as we can.

Security being the answer given why was it not communicated during the summer off season and brought into force for the first game at The Amex being the friendly.v FC Nantes

Mr Barber needs to take a step back and read that to realise how ridiculous it sounds.

Not allowing flasks for safety and security reasons.....FFS.

Perhaps he’s read the last Peter James book.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I got asked yesterday if I had a FLASK in my pocket I said no I’m just excited again

Ah the old Connex joke am I please to see you or is that a VeriFone Explorer in my pocket

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I have a plastic insulated cup for my coffee in the car or on the train. Keeps it hot for hours. I’m not sure if you can get this particular brand in the UK but there must be something similar.
194306BB-E67D-4A91-BE7B-C095E89CCE54.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here