Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Denamrk v Maty Ryan

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolute nonsense (IMO).

All shots would be easily savable, if they actually travelled in slow motion.

neomatrixbullets.jpg

This guy would've easily saved it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
VAR is a complete flop and fans hate it...meaning FIFA will definitely go ahead with, supported by a marketing campaign telling us all how much more exciting and clearer it makes the game.

I dispair, the Lunatics are running...et al.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very, very harsh pen. I'm with Martin O'Neill there. If you're going to be REALLY picky then the Aussie number 5 also pushes his man to create the space for the header, before the handball. VAR seemed to ignore that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Without VAR Iran would have got an equaliser last night, maybe grabbed a point and left Spain sweating on the line.

It seems to me that VAR is making refs / linesmen slightly more lax, in much the same way that cricket umpires refer EVERY run-out even when the decision is patently obvious.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have it down nearer his side?

He was jumping - everyone raises their arms for leverage.

The ball hit his arm from about a yard away, he couldn't even see it let along move his arm towards it. Its a terrible decision.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Without VAR Iran would have got an equaliser last night, maybe grabbed a point and left Spain sweating on the line.

It seems to me that VAR is making refs / linesmen slightly more lax, in much the same way that cricket umpires refer EVERY run-out even when the decision is patently obvious.

With the Iran 'goal', the linesman actually already had his flag up before it even went to the review, so the goal would not have counted anyway. What he was checking was if he could allow it, but the lino had been spot on anyway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With the Iran 'goal', the linesman actually already had his flag up before it even went to the review, so the goal would not have counted anyway. What he was checking was if he could allow it, but the lino had been spot on anyway.
True, but the commentator missed that when the goal so total shambles. I look forward to the time when the refs are miked up to the PA and explain to crowd why the goal has been disallowed - in 6 different languages.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Penalty for me, bit harsh on the yellow card though.

Law 12
Direct free kick

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:
the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) is an offence
hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an offence

Not deliberate, not moving hand to ball and only a couple of feet between opponent and ball, so under the Laws, not a penalty.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Happy for VAR for black and white decisions but that is a joke. He has given a penalty because on screen he sees it has touched arm. So what. Are we now going to have penalty every time ball hits arm. This will ruin football. Already 2 pundits said yes and Oneil and Clattenberg said no. If any doubt should not be given. Next thing we will see is forwards aiming for defenders arm

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here