Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Does Donald deserve some credit for getting Kim to the table ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone who isn’t foolish enough to join in with the anti-Trump hysteria can see he’s doing a good job in so many ways.

Sure, he’s a diplomatic disaster and about as unconventional as they come, but if you judge him purely on results rather than personality I think he’s shaping up to be the best president for decades. If I were American, there is no doubt I’d be voting for him again. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to vote for somebody who actually stands up for his country.

You sir, are a f ucking moron if you believe any of that. No offence, like. :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are no results yet. Too soon for anyone to claim he's a diplomatic genius.

Newsnight just now made depressing viewing. NK watchers, saying there's no way that Kim will give up their nuclear weapons. It gives them the power, that makes everyone take note. Without that, they're purely a nation of peasants.

Yoda

English & European
a little. but not much, have to remember how he almost trashed it all. someone told him this is a moment to make history and he got back on the horse. South Koreans have done the real diplomacy, they want this to happen.

This. If it hadn't been for the South Koreans involvement to begin with, they wouldn't be where they are now.

Will Trump recognise this? Not a ****ing chance in hell.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Record stock market highs, 1.7 million new jobs created, unemployment at a 17 year low, tax cuts helping millions, protection of American jobs, returning GDP to over 3%, first president to meet with and (potentially) disarm North Korea, two new laws giving new powers to act against illegal immigration. And he’s only just over one year into the gig.

I won’t defend some of the things he’s said, but the guy gets stuff done.

You are not allowed to say that

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why is he a moron because he does not agree with your point of view ?

Because it’s possible to be so correct about something or someone that to take a different point of view, positive or negative, is a sign of low intellect or even insanity. But yes, there are a lot of morons in this world. Right now, many live in mid America and think Trump is a positive force for good. The f ucking morons.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Does Donald deserve some credit for getting Kim to the table ?

What do we all think about it ?

Not really. Unfortunately it somewhat normalises the position of the North Korean Leader.

In reality I'd imagine it's quite easy for a President or Prime Minister to arrange a meeting with a tyrant because for one they like the publicity. Particularly this one....

The reason it hasn't happened recently is more about the wouldn't rather than the couldn't.

Him and family have overseen a regime that not only imprisons political prisoners in labour camps, it extends the punishment to their family.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
160858-ausnef.jpg

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think he does. He gets battered for everything he does but this is good surely ? Could be just 2 big ego's that I think will get on very well

I think it's purely timing. If Kim had had his nukes ready a few years ago, he'd have been talking to Obama. Likewise if it was a few years down the line, whoever is in charge then. They feel they are now in a position to bargain and he can play world leader.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Record stock market highs, 1.7 million new jobs created, unemployment at a 17 year low, tax cuts helping millions, protection of American jobs, returning GDP to over 3%, first president to meet with and (potentially) disarm North Korea, two new laws giving new powers to act against illegal immigration. And he’s only just over one year into the gig.

I won’t defend some of the things he’s said, but the guy gets stuff done.

All of those things are in most part inherited from the previous governments, as someone who lives here I can tell you that the economy has been growing steady for many years even before Obama, house prices are soaring, which creates jobs....in 18 months time when it all comes crashing back down again as these things do every 10-15 years, he will distance himself from it all, and as others have done in the past, he will blame the previous administration for losing control of the budget.

It is irrelevant who is President, the economic culture of all countries is a long drawn out process that does not dramatically turn around in 18 months.

You very nicely side stepped any of the platforms that he stood for during his campaign, the wall and Mexico paying for it, Hilary going to jail, banning other cultures from entering and possibly the biggest promise to repeal Obamarcare...not one of those is even close to fruition, and never will.

He is cashing in on things he had no control over from day one, the promises he made and has not delivered on is what this country are judging him on, so far the opinion here is just, meh.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
tk2.jpg

tk.jpg

tk3.jpg

It's all going very well so far - they can't keep their hands off each other.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I fully admit I'm no fan of Trump so my viewpoint may well be coloured by that bias but I just don't see what Trump's done. It seems to me that Kim is doing all the running and playing Trump. It was Trumps bellicose rhetoric that gave Kim the perfect opportunity to push through and complete his nuclear programme. Once that was done Kim's attitude changed and he starts visiting China, sending his sister to South Korea, meeting the South Korean President and offering to meet the Americans.

So Trump's role was to arm Kim with nuclear weapons. A policy he appears to be adopting with Iran too.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
All we have currently is a truce in the Korean War.
There comes a time when doing the same thing and always getting the same result finally teaches people that a different course is needed.
It’s up to the two Korea’s more than the US.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I fully admit I'm no fan of Trump so my viewpoint may well be coloured by that bias but I just don't see what Trump's done. It seems to me that Kim is doing all the running and playing Trump. It was Trumps bellicose rhetoric that gave Kim the perfect opportunity to push through and complete his nuclear programme. Once that was done Kim's attitude changed and he starts visiting China, sending his sister to South Korea, meeting the South Korean President and offering to meet the Americans.

So Trump's role was to arm Kim with nuclear weapons. A policy he appears to be adopting with Iran too.

Agree, Kim is a lot better at this kind of thing than Trump. Even his insults, in English, are better.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just saw the joint signing of the minutes, Kim looked strangely nervous and out of his depth? Like Donald had shook hands with him earlier saying.....

" The hand you have just shook is covered in a unique neuro-toxin which will require you to take an antidote every 12 hours for the rest of your life or you will die in screaming agony.......only the US have this antidote so you are going to have to be a good boy from now on."

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Quick lets do some trade deals with north. I hope Donald sorts it but I would thank China I sure they are also behind it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here